Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default highway code

Have to say I haven't read my higway code since 1968 so no idea if this
is covered......going down the dual carriage way I come to a sign saying
the inside lane is closed...Do I....immediately go into the outside lane
thus building up the tail back and cursing the fly man rushing up the
empty inside lane and trying to push in even though nobody is letting
them...Or...like in Australia where things are more sensible do I stay
in the inside lane right up to the closed lane and expect those in the
outside lane instigate the zip effect thus cutting down tailbacks and
making better use of the available road space ?....