DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCBO marking. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/637922-rcbo-marking.html)

Dave Plowman (News) July 21st 19 01:39 PM

RCBO marking.

Just fitted a couple of RCBOs to an older split load CU on the non RCD
protected side. And was curious about how the terminals are labelled.

The output terminals (load) are marked Load N and Load 2. Why not Load L?

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

ARW July 21st 19 03:56 PM

RCBO marking.

Just fitted a couple of RCBOs to an older split load CU on the non RCD
protected side. And was curious about how the terminals are labelled.

The output terminals (load) are marked Load N and Load 2. Why not Load L?

Manufacturing typo?

For several year Crabtree could not correctly spell "kitchen" on the
labels that are supplied with a new CU

--
Adam

Robin July 21st 19 04:16 PM

RCBO marking.

Just fitted a couple of RCBOs to an older split load CU on the non RCD
protected side. And was curious about how the terminals are labelled.

The output terminals (load) are marked Load N and Load 2. Why not Load L?

Is it definitely L2 and as opposed to N/L1 and L2 which I've seen on
RCBOs somewhere?

--
Robin

Andy Burns[_13_] July 21st 19 04:25 PM

RCBO marking.

Robin wrote:

Is it definitelyÂ* L2 and as opposed to N/L1 and L2 which I've seen on
RCBOs somewhere?

presumably it's a crabtree starbreaker?

the terminal markings in all their photos are

line 1
load 2
load N

Dave Plowman (News) July 22nd 19 02:24 PM

RCBO marking.

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Just fitted a couple of RCBOs to an older split load CU on the non RCD
protected side. And was curious about how the terminals are labelled.

The output terminals (load) are marked Load N and Load 2. Why not Load
L?

Manufacturing typo?

It's both engraved on the unit and in the instructions.

For several year Crabtree could not correctly spell "kitchen" on the
labels that are supplied with a new CU

Oh dear. ;-)

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman (News) July 22nd 19 02:28 PM

RCBO marking.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Robin wrote:

Is it definitely L2 and as opposed to N/L1 and L2 which I've seen on
RCBOs somewhere?

presumably it's a crabtree starbreaker?

Yup.

the terminal markings in all their photos are

line 1
load 2
load N

Yup. Was just curious.