Old July 9th 19, 07:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self employed builder/drainage LS25 ?

On 09/07/2019 19:39, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 09/07/2019 19:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen :
strange if it is trapped

They all are here.

oh well

traps don't stop rats so wonder why they did that ?....

Old July 9th 19, 07:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2019 19:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen :
strange if it is trapped

They all are here.

I found it hard enough getting traps on one pipe systems without getting
traps on two pipe systems......
Old July 9th 19, 08:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote :
I found it hard enough getting traps on one pipe systems without getting
traps on two pipe systems......

Er, some confusion somewhere...

There are two large diameter (9"?) pipes which run through all of the
back gardens of the street. One carries away foul, the other rain
water. We have a shared rain gully at the front, a shared rain gully at
the back. Both have traps.

Then we have three foul water gullies, each with a trap.
Old July 12th 19, 07:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2019 19:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen :
strange if it is trapped

They all are here.

Well you wouldn't a strange beaver to pop up in your shower
would you ?.
Old July 13th 19, 07:17 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2019 17:57, tim... wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
tim... was thinking very hard :
checkatrade

(other resellers exists)

I would not trust anyone recommended by such a site.

they aren't recommended by the site

they are recommended by their previous clients

Or recommended by friends and family. If no-one from checkatrade goes
out to see the standard of the work then the reviews can become somewhat
meaningless. These organisations get their money from the trade and not
the customer!

Old July 13th 19, 10:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 09/07/2019 17:57, tim... wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
tim... was thinking very hard :
checkatrade

(other resellers exists)

I would not trust anyone recommended by such a site.

they aren't recommended by the site

they are recommended by their previous clients

Or recommended by friends and family. If no-one from checkatrade goes out
to see the standard of the work then the reviews can become somewhat
meaningless. These organisations get their money from the trade and not
the customer!

I think we all know that

but, really, what is the alternative?

Few people are going to have friends and relatives who have enough history
with trades-people to provide recommendations

It's easy to say, but much harder to achieve in practice

tim