Old June 14th 19, 09:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Global warming solved

Just posted this in another thread, but thought worth reposting.

I reckon there's enough calcium ions in the sea to make 6e17 kg of
limestone. There's only 2e15 kg of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at
the moment so there is no (theoretical) shortage of calcium ions.

Bring on the oysters.

hoping very much I have checked my sums carefully enough

Old June 14th 19, 09:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 June 2019 21:08:54 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
Just posted this in another thread, but thought worth reposting.

I reckon there's enough calcium ions in the sea to make 6e17 kg of
limestone. There's only 2e15 kg of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at
the moment so there is no (theoretical) shortage of calcium ions.

Bring on the oysters.

hoping very much I have checked my sums carefully enough

Why did vast quantities of chalk get deposited in the Cretaceous? But not now.

Answer that, and we might be able to exploit the calcium ions in the sea.
Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Are you proposing growing giant oysters?

Nope, lots of normal ones, then gorging on them
and tossing their shells into immense piles where
they will remain for millennia.

Not just oysters either, any other shellfish too.

o.uk...

Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 14 June 2019 21:08:54 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
Just posted this in another thread, but thought worth reposting.

I reckon there's enough calcium ions in the sea to make 6e17 kg of
limestone. There's only 2e15 kg of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at
the moment so there is no (theoretical) shortage of calcium ions.

Bring on the oysters.

hoping very much I have checked my sums carefully enough

Too much CO2 in the world's oceans acidifies the water which means that seashells get dissolved.

https://sciencing.com/acid-pollution...-12328653.html
You really are pretty thick.

Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 23:22:20 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Friday, 14 June 2019 21:08:54 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
Just posted this in another thread, but thought worth reposting.

I reckon there's enough calcium ions in the sea to make 6e17 kg of
limestone. There's only 2e15 kg of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at
the moment so there is no (theoretical) shortage of calcium ions.

Bring on the oysters.

hoping very much I have checked my sums carefully enough

Too much CO2 in the world's oceans acidifies the water which means that seashells get dissolved.

https://sciencing.com/acid-pollution...-12328653.html
You really are pretty thick.

And you are ignorant and easily persuaded by simplistic arguments.

Here's what I posted in the other thread, which you obviously didn't
understand.

"Seawater is naturally slightly alkaline. It contains squillions of
tons of calcium, derived {as you said} from calcium-bearing rocks. It
has immense buffering capacity. The various equilibria between calcium
ions in solution and CO2 in the atmosphere above it are several and
complex. This article touches on the problem and suggests that the
oceans are capable of absorbing massive amounts more of CO2 than they
already have, and that ocean acidification is in reality unlikely to
happen any time soon, unlike what we keep hearing from the alarmists.
https://tinyurl.com/yy5vtt55 More here https://tinyurl.com/ycrblwue
and your oysters are safe https://tinyurl.com/yxesz6pe "

--

Chris
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/06/2019 07:22, harry wrote:
On Friday, 14 June 2019 21:08:54 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
Just posted this in another thread, but thought worth reposting.

I reckon there's enough calcium ions in the sea to make 6e17 kg of
limestone. There's only 2e15 kg of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at
the moment so there is no (theoretical) shortage of calcium ions.

Bring on the oysters.

hoping very much I have checked my sums carefully enough

Too much CO2 in the world's oceans acidifies the water which means that seashells get dissolved.

https://sciencing.com/acid-pollution...-12328653.html
You really are pretty thick.

Oysters don't know that. They just grow.
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Cool, but we need to do an experiment. Let's produce loads of CO2 and
see if the amount in the atmosphere rises.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2019 21:08, newshound wrote:
Just posted this in another thread, but thought worth reposting.

I reckon there's enough calcium ions in the sea to make 6e17 kg of
limestone. There's only 2e15 kg of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at
the moment so there is no (theoretical) shortage of calcium ions.

Bring on the oysters.

hoping very much I have checked my sums carefully enough

So we take 6e17 jg of calcium chloride, make 6e17 kg of carbon
dioxide and leaxse 6e187 kg of chlorine into the atmosphere.

I'd rather have the CO2.