DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   batteries (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/635843-batteries.html)

Radio Mechanical Electrical May 19th 19 04:27 PM

batteries

anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Brian Gaff May 19th 19 09:25 PM

batteries

Eh?
No that would be silly.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Max Demian May 19th 19 10:44 PM

batteries

On 19/05/2019 16:27, Radio Mechanical Electrical wrote:
anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Logically it would be from part way up (unless completely discharged) to
top.

--
Max Demian

whisky-dave[_2_] May 20th 19 11:37 AM

batteries

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 16:27:12 UTC+1, Radio Mechanical Electrical wrote:
anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top.
And "bottoms up" which usually means drink up, which could be drink "down the hatch" as that's the dirction it travels in due to gravity.

Graham.[_11_] May 20th 19 07:17 PM

batteries

anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Would this be in a scientific or idiomatic context?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

alan_m May 21st 19 07:00 AM

batteries

On 20/05/2019 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top.

I think there are two drinks the-
Lager shandy - approx 50:50 larger:lemonade
Lager top - nearly a full pint of lager with a (customer defined) splash
of lemonade.

When I were a lad, and before I discover real ale, larger and lime (just
a splash of line cordial) used to be popular but I don't recall seeing
that being served for in a long time in a pub.

whisky-dave[_2_] May 21st 19 11:02 AM

batteries

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 07:00:42 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 20/05/2019 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top.

I think there are two drinks the-
Lager shandy - approx 50:50 larger:lemonade
Lager top - nearly a full pint of lager with a (customer defined) splash
of lemonade.

When I were a lad, and before I discover real ale, larger and lime (just
a splash of line cordial) used to be popular but I don't recall seeing
that being served for in a long time in a pub.

Yes I remmeber that, I tried it but never really liked it, my favourite was snakebite and black or a hairy chest (PiLs lager, vodka and blackcurrent).
I had a week or so of liking what I was told was called black & tan which was guiness and cider.