Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default batteries

anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Eh?
No that would be silly.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Radio Mechanical Electrical" wrote in message
anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/05/2019 16:27, Radio Mechanical Electrical wrote:
anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Logically it would be from part way up (unless completely discharged) to
top.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 16:27:12 UTC+1, Radio Mechanical Electrical wrote:
anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top.
And "bottoms up" which usually means drink up, which could be drink "down the hatch" as that's the dirction it travels in due to gravity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

anybody heard the expression the battery charges from "the bottom to the
top" or from the "top to the bottom" ? .....

Would this be in a scientific or idiomatic context?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2019 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top.

I think there are two drinks the-
Lager shandy - approx 50:50 larger:lemonade
Lager top - nearly a full pint of lager with a (customer defined) splash
of lemonade.

When I were a lad, and before I discover real ale, larger and lime (just
a splash of line cordial) used to be popular but I don't recall seeing
that being served for in a long time in a pub.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 07:00:42 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 20/05/2019 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

Well you can top up the battery as a phrase and you can have a lager top shandy, which I think means the last 10% is lemonade added to the top.

I think there are two drinks the-
Lager shandy - approx 50:50 larger:lemonade
Lager top - nearly a full pint of lager with a (customer defined) splash
of lemonade.

When I were a lad, and before I discover real ale, larger and lime (just
a splash of line cordial) used to be popular but I don't recall seeing
that being served for in a long time in a pub.

Yes I remmeber that, I tried it but never really liked it, my favourite was snakebite and black or a hairy chest (PiLs lager, vodka and blackcurrent).
I had a week or so of liking what I was told was called black & tan which was guiness and cider.

Standard Alkaline Batteries vs "Premium" Alkaline Batteries Wade Garrett Home Repair 51 December 16th 18 08:20 AM
Video showing heavy flour in AA batteries: any way for layman to testNiMH batteries? Amanda Riphnykhazova Electronics Repair 24 October 27th 13 07:33 PM
AAA Ni-Cad Batteries PaulS UK diy 3 October 28th 03 09:02 AM
WTD: Source of cheap NiMH batteries Jason Arthurs UK diy 6 September 1st 03 03:50 PM
AA Lithium batteries UK diy 10 August 27th 03 11:51 AM