Old April 16th 19, 11:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT:6000,000 and counting :-)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 06:31:59 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:25:46 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 05:46:53 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

So why say it's nothing to do with usenet ?

Because it isn't.

So do you think T i m is the corect way to spell a name,

Yes. T and an I and an m in the right order.

But what if I say shirley not, which you use in another post.

I'm guessing 'nothing', as happens with most things you say?

This is like you and harry's ideas of what people are.

It is?

is that how it is written on your birth certificate

No, it says Timothy but that isn't my nickname.

So it's OK for you to make up words them or alter their appearence.

Yes, when it's done following some sort of convention.

or are you reffered to as Timmy.

By some people, yes.

T i m is the leading charcater in Jerk BBC one or is it timmy as in southpark.

Interesting, thanks?

education is a wonderful thing ;-)

It is. So, I've done some, when you going to start?

I'm not sure they are mediums. Those I knew were all large.

Large for a medium or large for a freemason. ?

Yes.

Thought so.

You did?

Differnt times in history also have differing rules.

But ye are talking about *now*.

Yes and now it's not considered as a good way to identify inteligence.

It isn't?

No. if it were then the IQ test would just be spelling tests.

Ah, clever.

Intrligence is more than just memory and doing what you are told like in the army when you have to report to the sargent with yuor trousers neatly folder over you right are or is that the navy or left arm.

What ... ?

or if you want God to bless you, then bend over the pew and try not to scream.

You are weird ...

Thick people employ others to do that sort of thing for them.

Ah, like the government us to make difficult decisions for them?

The government us, exactly.

The US government?

So it;s OK to swap the words around now and the meaning is retained ?

Meaning is has yeeees.

SO the us government and the US government are the same are they.

Are they!

Some don't even write their own autobiographs.

They would be just novels then?

No.

Yes?

Not that I've heard and I do know of 2 proof readers.

Are they both called Debbie?

When I found out what they did for a living I had to ask ?

What did you ask, I'm all ears?

Can you judge a book by it's cover ?

Depends if it has a picture and the title a good description of it's
contents.

They found it amusing and I was suprised no one has ever asked them that before.

Oh, I bet you did ... I bet they were in creases.

Their answer was usually, did you know you can usually judge a book by it's cover thought not.

What ... ???

Unless everone here replied to you at some time or another, how do you
know?

Law of averges. How many people do you know with as odd number of eyes.

3.

I"ve known 2,

So, what does that say about your averages?

onne has a glass eye the other a patch and she also have a leg missing.

Which Debbie has which?

you can;t even work out what to put on a ballot paper.

On 'a' ballot paper, yes, but not all. Like, I don't know how to
answer the unanswerable ones so I don't.

Maybe they are not unanswerable,

Or maybe they are.

Perhaps that depends who you are, otherwise they wouldn't ask it.

I'm me (I checked) and they asked me the same question they asked you.

or maybe some level of inteligence is required.

And / or clairvoyance.

Same as any electrion or any decision,

Nope, couldn't be more different.

I can;t quite decide what to have for dinner tonight.

Well, if the choices were two different poison you would be obliged to
choose one wouldn't you?

I think it's going to be a very big number.

Yes perhaps, after all the denser the individual the longer it takes.

So how long to clean say 50 for you?

Depends who I get to do it,

Erm, I was thinking you, as it's what you were trained for?

I have 2 members of staff of a lower grade than me so,

Wow!

it'll be their job not mine.

Ah, 'do what I won't do, do what I say' eh?

I get this with students quite often.

You do?

Yes, them thinking it's my job to do their soldering,

Idiots. Now, if it were test tubes that wanted cleaning, *then* you
would be their man.

I can show them how to solder, that is my job, but soldering for them is NOT.

Give a man some soldering and he will run his project for a day. Teach
a man to solder and he can solder his projects forever!

Just 15 mins ago during lunch break.

What?

Asked me to do something that they should be doing themselves.

What, eating their lunch?

I said I can;t leave the lab as I'm the only member of staff present.

When he said 'present', that was poetic licence yes?

He didn't say anything to me and I never talked to him.

So you are enemies?

No we never spoke at that point,

Where did you speak then?

I was speaking to our Executive Assistant & Project Manager not the delivery person.

You know how to mix it posh circles eh.

I could leave if I told the studetns to leave.

And did you?

No.

No 'thank you.

No the studetns should thank me,

And they don't? Do they not realise you might be saving their lives
every day with your clean test tubes?

they are askign for teh lab to be open and extar hour until 6pm,

At least that will give you time to get all those test tubes done?

so asking them to leave about 3pm they might not like.

'Like it they might not ... yeeesss'

Teaching is a higher priority than deliving the post, we have a postroom with a staff of 4 for that sort of thing.

Interesting, thanks. Do you have to lick the stamps?

We don't use stamps.

Pigeons?

I doubt a pigeon can carry 325KG in one go.

What about a Swallow (European)?

Ah, you think the capitalisation is for emphasis?

Some use it like that, some use it to indicate shouting.

They do, when the capitalise the entire word, not the random way you
use it.

LOL

You shout and laugh at the same time?

Do you even know, check yopur birth certificate if you have one.

I just checks but that says Timothy?

I remmeber ronnie corbet too.

Was his character named after you ?

Have you been infected by one of the dirty test tubes?

Doubt it, I've not been near one since school.

Do your employers know that!

What's been causing your problems or is it undiagnosable ?

It was diagnosed as un diagnosable.

Why, do you have relationships with lampposts and penguins.

That would be telling.

In public it can be illegal.

You have private lamp posts?

I was refering to the penguins, I'm not sure about lamposts.

You have a private penguin?

I'm not sure many do, but each too his own.

Quite. I did and still do love my Teddy bear but I wouldn't call it a
'relationship' as such.

Well some people do loove inanimate objects, isn't that what mansize tissues are for ?

Pass. I'm happily married.

What has marrige got to do with it. ?

What's marriage but a second hand emotion ...

Or is it left up to the missess to buy those scented and coloured microtissue desinged for makeup removal.

Well, she buys her own makeup stuff but I'll ask her what she uses if
it would help?

Yes. When I was a kid I was frightened of the ground, still am.

I'm only frightened of ground when I see how a student has wired up their circuit.

Only?

I can't think of a reason why I should fear ground.

I guess it depends on how fast you approach it.

The tectures complained about them as every time you have to use yuor access card it;s gives off a bleep and a swish noise,

The door, like on Star Trek?

No they don't auto open and they swing rather than slide.

So your doors are swingers?

If you're up for it perhaps they are too.

Are too (as in Dee Two)?

No as in 3CPO

I don't trust them in the 3C block, especially with the post.

They do shut with a bang.

Shhhh.

That woke 2 students up !

Any test tubes broken?

Cheers, T i m

Old April 17th 19, 02:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

So why say it's nothing to do with usenet ?

Because it isn't.

So do you think T i m is the corect way to spell a name,

Yes. T and an I and an m in the right order.

But what if I say shirley not, which you use in another post.

I'm guessing 'nothing', as happens with most things you say?

Whatever 'nothing' means to you I guess.
But with yuor grammer who knows it could mean anything, if you can replace the word surely with shirley and think it's OK.

So it's OK for you to make up words them or alter their appearence.

Yes, when it's done following some sort of convention.

What convention allows you to replace surely with shirley.

or are you reffered to as Timmy.

By some people, yes.

T i m is the leading charcater in Jerk BBC one or is it timmy as in southpark.

Interesting, thanks?

education is a wonderful thing ;-)

It is. So, I've done some, when you going to start?

I haven't stopped, I'm still teaching you aren't I .

Differnt times in history also have differing rules.

But ye are talking about *now*.

Yes and now it's not considered as a good way to identify inteligence.

It isn't?

No. if it were then the IQ test would just be spelling tests.

Ah, clever.

Intrligence is more than just memory and doing what you are told like in the army when you have to report to the sargent with yuor trousers neatly folder over you right are or is that the navy or left arm.

What ... ?

Pure memory isn't inteligence.

Not that I've heard and I do know of 2 proof readers.

Are they both called Debbie?

No one's called greg the other jenny.

When I found out what they did for a living I had to ask ?

What did you ask, I'm all ears?

Can you judge a book by it's cover ?

Depends if it has a picture and the title a good description of it's
contents.

Greg doesn't get to see the covers in his job he gets them before printing the finsished book, where as Jenny gets the finsished product to review she reviews films too, so gets to see the finished products.

They found it amusing and I was suprised no one has ever asked them that before.

Oh, I bet you did ... I bet they were in creases.

No, Jenny was amused by the thought, greg just said he doesn't get to see the artwork before reading.

Their answer was usually, did you know you can usually judge a book by it's cover, thought not.

What ... ???

The proverb goes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but usually you can.

Unless everone here replied to you at some time or another, how do you
know?

Law of averges. How many people do you know with as odd number of eyes.

3.

I"ve known 2,

So, what does that say about your averages?

Most things.

onne has a glass eye the other a patch and she also have a leg missing.

Which Debbie has which?

Niether are called debbie.

I'm me (I checked) and they asked me the same question they asked you.

yes and along with about 34 million other people they got a result.

We don't know how the 25k of rejected papers read or what they indicated.
Perhaps theyv all had a tick in both boxes or in neither.
They could have wiped their arse on them, we don;t know how or why that small number of people did what they did or didn't do or of course claim to have done or not done. All we know is that the returning officer wasn;t able to determine what was voted for.

or maybe some level of inteligence is required.

And / or clairvoyance.

Same as any electrion or any decision,

Nope, couldn't be more different.

How.

I can;t quite decide what to have for dinner tonight.

Well, if the choices were two different poison you would be obliged to
choose one wouldn't you?

Yes, if that was the question asked.

I can show them how to solder, that is my job, but soldering for them is NOT.

Give a man some soldering and he will run his project for a day. Teach
a man to solder and he can solder his projects forever!

Thats the idea.
One of our final year students who hope to get a degree in electronic engineering in a few months asked me which bit of the PP3 connector goes to positive and which goes to negative, I said use a meter to test it, then you'll find out and be able to do the same with any battery conector in the futre.
See education is all about learning not about pure memory.

I said I can;t leave the lab as I'm the only member of staff present.

Old April 17th 19, 10:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 06:13:26 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

But what if I say shirley not, which you use in another post.

I'm guessing 'nothing', as happens with most things you say?

Whatever 'nothing' means to you I guess.

It means the same to me as it does most people?

But with yuor grammer who knows it could mean anything,

What's she got to do with it? Are you an ageist as well?

if you can replace the word surely with shirley and think it's OK.

That's ok then.

So it's OK for you to make up words them or alter their appearence.

Yes, when it's done following some sort of convention.

What convention allows you to replace surely with shirley.

A humorous one.

education is a wonderful thing ;-)

It is. So, I've done some, when you going to start?

I haven't stopped, I'm still teaching you aren't I .

No?

What ... ?

Pure memory isn't inteligence.

Who said that?

Are they both called Debbie?

No one's called greg the other jenny.

I think one is Greg and the other Jenny.

When I found out what they did for a living I had to ask ?

What did you ask, I'm all ears?

Can you judge a book by it's cover ?

Depends if it has a picture and the title a good description of it's
contents.

Greg doesn't get to see the covers in his job he gets them before printing the finsished book,

Ah, so it's a surprise?

where as Jenny gets the finsished product to review she reviews films too, so gets to see the finished products.

Not a lot of point looking at blank pages or film?

They found it amusing and I was suprised no one has ever asked them that before.

Oh, I bet you did ... I bet they were in creases.

No, Jenny was amused by the thought, greg just said he doesn't get to see the artwork before reading.

You probably had to be there?

Their answer was usually, did you know you can usually judge a book by it's cover, thought not.

What ... ???

The proverb goes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but usually you can.

Can or can't?

So, what does that say about your averages?

Most things.

What percentage of things though?

onne has a glass eye the other a patch and she also have a leg missing.

Which Debbie has which?

Niether are called debbie.

Oh. So why do you refer to them as that?

I'm me (I checked) and they asked me the same question they asked you.

yes and along with about 34 million other people they got a result.

Wahoo. So, how's that working out for you then?

We don't know how the 25k of rejected papers read or what they indicated.

I know what one of them meant, as did many of the other 25k.

Perhaps theyv all had a tick in both boxes or in neither.

Or something else?

They could have wiped their arse on them,

That's not very nice is it, especially for the returding officer? ;-(

we don;t know how or why that small number of people did what they did

You don't know. I do.

or didn't do

We know what many of those who spoilt their papers did. They
protested.

or of course claim to have done or not done.

Most people will be able to claim if they did nothing (but won't get
much of course).

All we know is that the returning officer wasn;t able to determine what was voted for.

Even if you voted for one of the two hard places!

or maybe some level of inteligence is required.

And / or clairvoyance.

Same as any electrion or any decision,

Nope, couldn't be more different.

How.

How. (I love native American greetings).

I can;t quite decide what to have for dinner tonight.

Well, if the choices were two different poison you would be obliged to
choose one wouldn't you?

Yes, if that was the question asked.

And bless you, you actually would!

See, *some* of us wouldn't, we would realise we don't have to be
forced into going along with stuff like a lamb to slaughter and so far
it looks like we are winning!

I can show them how to solder, that is my job, but soldering for them is NOT.

Give a man some soldering and he will run his project for a day. Teach
a man to solder and he can solder his projects forever!

Thats the idea.

It's *an* idea that's for sure.

One of our final year students who hope to get a degree in electronic engineering in a few months asked me which bit of the PP3 connector goes to positive and which goes to negative,

That's easy, the terminal bit!

I said use a meter to test it,

Do you have any on campus or is all your parking managed automatically
(ANPR etc)?

then you'll find out and be able to do the same with any battery conector in the futre.

What if the battery connector is nano technology or carrying 1,000,000
volts?

See education is all about learning not about pure memory.

Your sort seems very unrealistic / dangerous to me? ;-(

No we never spoke at that point,

Where did you speak then?

When he arrived at the door tom the building with the products on a hydraulic trolly type thing.

Ah, so that's a different point to the other point you mentioned?

I was speaking to our Executive Assistant & Project Manager not the delivery person.

You know how to mix it posh circles eh.

Well we like giving posh titles to our female staff, it allows them to have a higher grade.

Bloomin wimmin, thinking they are 'all that' AND getting paid eh!

They used to be called secretaries, we no longer employ secretaries, as a group they are refered tpo as admin staff

You mean like 'a flock of penguins' or 'a shoal of kippers'.

or professional services.

Ah, now that's where being 'high grade' does warrant high earnings.
'You get's what you pay's for'.

No the studetns should thank me,

And they don't?

They do.

Every time, even if you give them a dirty test tube?

I doubt a pigeon can carry 325KG in one go.

What about a Swallow (European)?

Do you swallow then?.

Yes, or there wouldn't be much point chewing?

LOL

You shout and laugh at the same time?

No it means Lots of Love.

But you shout it at people you love?

What's been causing your problems or is it undiagnosable ?

It was diagnosed as un diagnosable.

That explains it.

You have a private penguin?

I did have a table top penguin vacuum cleaner.

I'm going to report you to both the RSPA and UNISON.

What's marriage but a second hand emotion ...

So you use two hands, boasting again ?

You been watching again?

I've checked they dont make mansized tissue any more, it wasn't seen a PC.

Well of course it wasn't.

I can't think of a reason why I should fear ground.

I guess it depends on how fast you approach it.

I don't approach it very fast perhaps that's why.

That's probably a good idea then.

I always try to stay well below the speed of light.

Is that faster than the speed of dark?

I don't trust them in the 3C block, especially with the post.

So you'd just a nice royal male would you.

Did you mean Joust? If that what was on that afternoon, why not?

Cheers, T i m
Old April 18th 19, 02:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 22:53:29 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 06:13:26 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

But what if I say shirley not, which you use in another post.

I'm guessing 'nothing', as happens with most things you say?

Whatever 'nothing' means to you I guess.

It means the same to me as it does most people?

I doubt that, and why do you see that sentance as a question ?

if you can replace the word surely with shirley and think it's OK.

That's ok then.

Thought so.

So it's OK for you to make up words them or alter their appearence.

Yes, when it's done following some sort of convention.

What convention allows you to replace surely with shirley.

A humorous one.

I doubt many shirley's would agree.

education is a wonderful thing ;-)

It is. So, I've done some, when you going to start?

I haven't stopped, I'm still teaching you aren't I .

No?

So you've stoped learning that explains a lot

What ... ?

Pure memory isn't inteligence.

Who said that?

I typed it, are you hearing voices in yuor head again ?

Can you judge a book by it's cover ?

Depends if it has a picture and the title a good description of it's
contents.

Greg doesn't get to see the covers in his job he gets them before printing the finsished book,

Ah, so it's a surprise?

No.

where as Jenny gets the finsished product to review she reviews films too, so gets to see the finished products.

Not a lot of point looking at blank pages or film?

Yes there is.

They found it amusing and I was suprised no one has ever asked them that before.

Oh, I bet you did ... I bet they were in creases.

No, Jenny was amused by the thought, greg just said he doesn't get to see the artwork before reading.

You probably had to be there?

Depends on where there is doesn't it.

The proverb goes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but usually you can.

Can or can't?

look it up.

So, what does that say about your averages?

Most things.

What percentage of things though?

you wouldn't understand percentages.

I'm me (I checked) and they asked me the same question they asked you.

yes and along with about 34 million other people they got a result.

Wahoo. So, how's that working out for you then?

Quite well.

We don't know how the 25k of rejected papers read or what they indicated.

I know what one of them meant, as did many of the other 25k.

25,000 in 33,000,000 million I guess you see that as a majority too.

Perhaps theyv all had a tick in both boxes or in neither.

Or something else?

Exactly so best ignore them or perhaps they just aren't educated enough.

They could have wiped their arse on them,

That's not very nice is it, especially for the returding officer? ;-(

Well they too made their mark on the ballot paper as did you I assume.

we don;t know how or why that small number of people did what they did

You don't know. I do.

So yuo know what 25,000+ people were thinking at that moment in time.
The trouble is 33 million made their thought clear.

Perhaps that's what was wrong in the local take away.
Perhaps that;s why there was human **** on the wall, a cutomer like you decide to make your POV clear and smeared **** oon the wall.

or didn't do

We know what many of those who spoilt their papers did. They
protested.

No we don't, you just think you do.

All we know is that the returning officer wasn;t able to determine what was voted for.

Even if you voted for one of the two hard places!

That's up to the returning officer.

Nope, couldn't be more different.

How.

How. (I love native American greetings).

Only in fiction, in reality it was more of a sing that the person has/was speaking.

I can;t quite decide what to have for dinner tonight.

Well, if the choices were two different poison you would be obliged to
choose one wouldn't you?

Yes, if that was the question asked.

And bless you, you actually would!

See, *some* of us wouldn't, we would realise we don't have to be
forced into going along with stuff like a lamb to slaughter and so far
it looks like we are winning!

How are you winning ?

I can show them how to solder, that is my job, but soldering for them is NOT.

Give a man some soldering and he will run his project for a day. Teach
a man to solder and he can solder his projects forever!

Thats the idea.

It's *an* idea that's for sure.

Better than you're idea where you'll tell them how to make butter.

I said use a meter to test it,

Do you have any on campus or is all your parking managed automatically
(ANPR etc)?

I'm not sure yuo can use parking meters for continuity, but I suppose you could use them for anything.

then you'll find out and be able to do the same with any battery conector in the futre.

What if the battery connector is nano technology or carrying 1,000,000
volts?

I doubt they'd exist.
And you don't 'carry' volts anyway, yuo carry current, volts is the unti normally used to measure potentail difference.

See education is all about learning not about pure memory.

No we never spoke at that point,

Where did you speak then?

When he arrived at the door tom the building with the products on a hydraulic trolly type thing.

Ah, so that's a different point to the other point you mentioned?

No same point, you just don't get the point do you.

LOL

You shout and laugh at the same time?

No it means Lots of Love.

But you shout it at people you love?

Never.

You have a private penguin?

I did have a table top penguin vacuum cleaner.

I'm going to report you to both the RSPA and UNISON.

I'm in UNITE.

What's marriage but a second hand emotion ...

So you use two hands, boasting again ?

You been watching again?

if I was then I'd know you were lying.

I've checked they dont make mansized tissue any more, it wasn't seen a PC.

Well of course it wasn't.

So why cahnge the name.

I can't think of a reason why I should fear ground.

I guess it depends on how fast you approach it.

I don't approach it very fast perhaps that's why.

That's probably a good idea then.

I always try to stay well below the speed of light.

Is that faster than the speed of dark?

It is according to most, but you no doubt have your own ideas.

Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 06:22:22 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

See, *some* of us wouldn't, we would realise we don't have to be
forced into going along with stuff like a lamb to slaughter and so far
it looks like we are winning!

How are you winning ?

Because those who didn't vote have (so far) got more of what they
didn't vote for than anything that those who actually voted have!

Cheers, T i m