Old April 16th 19, 10:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT:6000,000 and counting :-)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 05:14:44 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

Just to hunt ants? Wow, it has a bigger following than I thought.

well some go on strange journeys to find new species of all sorts of animals, plants even bacteria.

But they don't generally 'hunt' them do they?

I doubt you've heard about the new species of exploding ant.

I have as it happens.

Maybe someone will use them as terrosists.

The anti-ant-hunting brigade might.

https://news.mongabay.com/2018/04/ne...red-in-borneo/

What if they are professional ant-hunters?

Then they'll be sent by their company or research funded.

There are companies dealing with ant-hunting?!?

But I don;t know what you mean by far as hunting goes on all over the world.

Wow.

you didn't know anything existed outside the UK did you.

Don't be ridiculous (stuff existing outside the UK ... rolls eyes).

Did she drive the fastest milk-float in the West?

No that was Ernie,

You sure?

I have a friend named ernie, he wnet up in a spitefire for his birthday a couople of years ago,

I bet that made his round much quicker.

and I went to his 40th party on the HMS Belfast.

That sounds like it was a hoot.

but called debs,

I best she wasn't by her Mum.

No idea here mum and dad are Portuguese.

When did you find out then?

I'll be seeing one of her friends tonight. If I were that interested I'd ask.

That's not very nice if she's not imaginary?

I call her a goth.

Does she vanish when the sun comes out?

Shame, she sounded nice. ;-(

Well I do have 2 friends called debbie and one aquantaince called debbie.

'Two friends' ... showoff!

Cheers, T i m

Old April 17th 19, 01:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Just to hunt ants? Wow, it has a bigger following than I thought.

well some go on strange journeys to find new species of all sorts of animals, plants even bacteria.

But they don't generally 'hunt' them do they?

Depends what you mean by hunt doesn't it.

Have you ever heard of an easter egg hunt.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/easte...ts-56810687295

I doubt you've heard about the new species of exploding ant.

I have as it happens.

Maybe someone will use them as terrosists.

The anti-ant-hunting brigade might.

I doubt that it'd be like vegans having a wild bore roast.

https://news.mongabay.com/2018/04/ne...red-in-borneo/

What if they are professional ant-hunters?

Then they'll be sent by their company or research funded.

There are companies dealing with ant-hunting?!?

Some call them pest controllers, I;ve used that term when I'm looking after studetnts in the lab.

A student came to me and asked for an arduino mega, and I said I;m at lunch.

But I don;t know what you mean by far as hunting goes on all over the world.

Wow.

you didn't know anything existed outside the UK did you.

Don't be ridiculous (stuff existing outside the UK ... rolls eyes).

Well you didn't seem to have any terms of reference for teh word far.
I did ask yuo what you meant by far.

Did she drive the fastest milk-float in the West?

No that was Ernie,

You sure?

That's how the song went didn't it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI

I have a friend named ernie, he wnet up in a spitefire for his birthday a couople of years ago,

I bet that made his round much quicker.

He wasn't allowed to shoot anything.

and I went to his 40th party on the HMS Belfast.

That sounds like it was a hoot.

It was they played the music from the time and most peolpe dressed up in 40s gear as a lot of his friends do the re-enactment thing.
I just had a long leather coat the sort U-boat captains wore.
I had a nice time took some photos too.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...1&text=belfast

but called debs,

I best she wasn't by her Mum.

No idea here mum and dad are Portuguese.

When did you find out then?

I've know her years and we modeled together as boyfriend and girlfriend
on a college course project a spanish friend of mine was doing for her multi-media course the photography part.
Strange coincidence but her name is Esmeralda, what with the Notre-Dame fire this week.

I'll be seeing one of her friends tonight. If I were that interested I'd ask.

That's not very nice if she's not imaginary?

I call her a goth.

Does she vanish when the sun comes out?

No that doesn't happen to goths, goth like gingers don't like the sun.
Vampires vanish when the sun hits them, there's a big differnce between goths and vampires but many can;t tell them apart.

Old April 17th 19, 10:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Just to hunt ants? Wow, it has a bigger following than I thought.

well some go on strange journeys to find new species of all sorts of animals, plants even bacteria.

But they don't generally 'hunt' them do they?

Depends what you mean by hunt doesn't it.

To track down and often, kill.

Have you ever heard of an easter egg hunt.

What, people go out and kill Easter eggs! Disgusting.

I doubt that it'd be like vegans having a wild bore roast.

Oooh, that sounds tasty. When are they having that then?

A student came to me and asked for an arduino mega, and I said I;m at lunch.

Did you mean to say 'out to lunch' there?

Don't be ridiculous (stuff existing outside the UK ... rolls eyes).

Well you didn't seem to have any terms of reference for teh word far.

It's a long long way to run?

I did ask yuo what you meant by far.

And I just told you?

and I went to his 40th party on the HMS Belfast.

That sounds like it was a hoot.

It was they played the music from the time and most peolpe dressed up in 40s gear as a lot of his friends do the re-enactment thing.

Sounds like a hoot ...

I just had a long leather coat the sort U-boat captains wore.

Fetching I'm sure.

I had a nice time took some photos too.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...1&text=belfast

That's not in Belfast that's a ship on the Thames.

No idea here mum and dad are Portuguese.

When did you find out then?

I've know her years and we modeled together as boyfriend and girlfriend

A new range of garden gnomes?

Does she vanish when the sun comes out?

No that doesn't happen to goths, goth like gingers don't like the sun.

That's what I said?

Vampires vanish when the sun hits them,

As well?

there's a big differnce between goths and vampires but many can;t tell them apart.

I'm guessing you can?

Cheers, T i m
Old April 18th 19, 01:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Just to hunt ants? Wow, it has a bigger following than I thought.

well some go on strange journeys to find new species of all sorts of animals, plants even bacteria.

But they don't generally 'hunt' them do they?

Depends what you mean by hunt doesn't it.

To track down and often, kill.

Yes.

Have you ever heard of an easter egg hunt.

What, people go out and kill Easter eggs! Disgusting.

Yes that is why I'd support the anti-hunt brigade or the hunt saboteurs
at least 2 friends went on the london trophy hunting march last weekend.

A student came to me and asked for an arduino mega, and I said I;m at lunch.

Did you mean to say 'out to lunch' there?

No, he was standing in my office while I was eating my sandwhiches. I wasn't out anywhere. Out to lunch is normally a sign that indicates yuo are not in your usualy location, but no doubt you have other meaning for it.

Don't be ridiculous (stuff existing outside the UK ... rolls eyes).

Well you didn't seem to have any terms of reference for teh word far.

It's a long long way to run?

Well Dorset is a long way to run and so is Borneo. In fact it;s a long way for me to run to home from here being about 5 miles or so.
How far can you run and is that your definition of far ?

I did ask yuo what you meant by far.

And I just told you?

So far is derived from how far a person can run ?
So how does this work with such statement as far as I know.
Is that a distance too ?
Yet again you've shown you haven't a clue.

and I went to his 40th party on the HMS Belfast.

That sounds like it was a hoot.

It was they played the music from the time and most peolpe dressed up in 40s gear as a lot of his friends do the re-enactment thing.

Sounds like a hoot ...

whatever a hoot is, perhaps it was, but I don;t rememebr many owls being there or hearing one. But perhaps in your strange world you'd expect to hear a hoot on the Thames.

I had a nice time took some photos too.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...1&text=belfast

That's not in Belfast that's a ship on the Thames.

Yes the HMS Belfast ****wit, where did I say I was in Belfast ?
and it was a battleship not a ship or a boat.

No idea here mum and dad are Portuguese.

When did you find out then?

I've know her years and we modeled together as boyfriend and girlfriend

A new range of garden gnomes?

No, as I said a multi-media project, we looked better together as a couple, so she asked us both. Although I knew her from a nightclub she was the barmaid and cloakroom attendent depending on the night.

Does she vanish when the sun comes out?

No that doesn't happen to goths, goth like gingers don't like the sun.

That's what I said?

No you said they vanished.
Look up the word vanish, to disapear, you're English language skills are **** aren't they.

Vampires vanish when the sun hits them,

As well?

No.
It;s more like when an invisible friend disapears it takes at least twice as long to find them than it does to find a visible person that disapears

there's a big differnce between goths and vampires but many can;t tell them apart.

I'm guessing you can?

of course. I can tell the difernce between a punk and a goth and even sometimes an emo, death rockers, heavy metal and darkwave are more of a challange though.

Cheers, T i m

Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 05:40:10 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

A student came to me and asked for an arduino mega, and I said I;m at lunch.

Did you mean to say 'out to lunch' there?

No, he was standing in my office while I was eating my sandwhiches. I wasn't out anywhere. Out to lunch is normally a sign that indicates yuo are not in your usualy location, but no doubt you have other meaning for it.

I don't have, other people have and I was using that one as it seemed
more likely / appropriate.

Don't be ridiculous (stuff existing outside the UK ... rolls eyes).

Well you didn't seem to have any terms of reference for teh word far.

It's a long long way to run?

Well Dorset is a long way to run and so is Borneo. In fact it;s a long way for me to run to home from here being about 5 miles or so.

Interesting.

How far can you run and is that your definition of far ?

Far enough to get me where I want at the speed I need and no.

I did ask yuo what you meant by far.

And I just told you?

So far is derived from how far a person can run ?

Is it?

So how does this work with such statement as far as I know.

Wheelbarrow? Penguin?

Is that a distance too ?

Too far?

Yet again you've shown you haven't a clue.

I do, and a tack (as it happens).

Sounds like a hoot ...

whatever a hoot is,

It's a term, commonly used by people to describe such situations.

perhaps it was,

Perhaps it was, I wasn't there.

but I don;t rememebr many owls being there or hearing one.

Bats.

But perhaps in your strange world you'd expect to hear a hoot on the Thames.

Of course?

I had a nice time took some photos too.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...1&text=belfast

That's not in Belfast that's a ship on the Thames.

Yes the HMS Belfast ****wit, where did I say I was in Belfast ?

You didn't.

and it was a battleship not a ship or a boat.

She's a light-cruiser and so a warship. My parents have slept on her.

No idea here mum and dad are Portuguese.

When did you find out then?

I've know her years and we modeled together as boyfriend and girlfriend

A new range of garden gnomes?

No, as I said a multi-media project, we looked better together as a couple,

Than singly as a couple?

so she asked us both.

Makes sense, if looking for a couple, other than to ask a couple of
course.

Although I knew her from a nightclub she was the barmaid and cloakroom attendent depending on the night.

So she was a vampire if she couldn't work in the daytime??

Does she vanish when the sun comes out?

No that doesn't happen to goths, goth like gingers don't like the sun.

That's what I said?

No you said they vanished.

I didn't say I asked if she did.

Look up the word vanish, to disapear, you're English language skills are **** aren't they.

You're ... disappear ...(Oooops), but 10/10 on case that time.

Vampires vanish when the sun hits them,

As well?

No.

Oh?

It;s more like when an invisible friend disapears it takes at least twice as long to find them than it does to find a visible person that disapears

How often do your invisible friends disappear and how do you know when
they do?

there's a big differnce between goths and vampires but many can;t tell them apart.

I'm guessing you can?

of course.

It is one of your 'special skills'?

I can tell the difernce between a punk and a goth and even sometimes an emo, death rockers, heavy metal and darkwave are more of a challange though.

They carry weapons?

Cheers, T i m