Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mis-behaviour of speed limit recognition devices

On Tuesday, 2 April 2019 01:05:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
On Sunday, 31 March 2019 23:09:01 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
Just got back from a little trip in the car. It has speed limit sign
recognition built-in. Most of the time, it works pretty well. But today
it
was going crazy. Missing some signs. Telling me I am over-limit when I
go
from a 20 zone to a 30 zone and was doing under 20 €“ though it did
€œsee€
the sign correctly! Not changing from indicating over-limit even when I
dropped speed even further. (At no point was I actually over-limit -
according to speedo and me!)

A few miles down the road, back to working entirely properly.

Now I could take all sorts of wild guesses as to the cause, and usually
would. The thing is, it misbehaved in exactly the same way, on the same
bit of road, a week or two ago. Not just a straight road but a very
windy
route that varies from 60 through 30 and 20 several times, back up to
60,
then 40 and finally 60 again. At no point in-between has it appeared to
misbehave at all. On both occasions I had driver well over 20 miles
before
getting to this location €“ and about 20 miles after €“ and worked
perfectly.

While these devices are merely assistants to the driver, it is no big
deal. If they start to actually control speed, this could be quite an
issue.

Any ideas what could be causing these issues?

What model car ? Most likely its got a quite narrow
view of the road so a windy road doesnt see all the signs.

I bet some model cars handle that stretch of road fine.

1) The car sensors have a very good view of the road.

You have no way of knowing what view the speed sign sensors have of the
road.

2) I have already explained that at least most signs are being detcted
properly.

And that may be the signs the speed sign sensors dont have
a good view of but you would have to give us a street view
link of the ones it missed to be sure about that.

3) Even if it missed signs, that would not explain the behaviour I have
described.

Corse it would.

The display showed 30-20-30-20-30 correctly through a significant part of the route. Changed displayed limit absolutely bang on the position of the sign.

In the the 20 bit, it insisted I was over-limit even though I was definitely under-20. When the display went up to 30, it continued to say I was over-limit despite still being under-20.

How could even missing a sign do that? How could missing EVERY sign make he display insist I was over-limit when driving at under-20.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I was commenting on the missing some signs bit.

How could missing EVERY sign make he display insist I was over-limit when
driving at under-20.

Sounds like it was having a massive brain fart. Less clear why it
only does that more than once on that particular section of road.
As someone else said, maybe its ****ed by design and some local
source of RF is getting into the system there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 06:58:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Sounds like it was having a massive brain fart.

Sounds like you are an ostentatious, pathological senile know-it-all, senile
cretin! No wonder you got NOBODY in real life to talk to!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID: