Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT - Recruiting from Overseas (Engineering not crop picking)

On Monday, 1 April 2019 16:40:54 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bill wrote:
My teacher son blames the operation of the apprentice scheme. There are
apprenticeships, but largely leading nowhere.
Employing an apprentice is hard work if done properly (I know this from
experience) and small firms find it much easier and cheaper to find
good, competent EU labour than commit to years of training.

Adam is a star.

I found it very rewarding to have apprentices

rewarding for who ?
If you had to share your salery with an appentice would that be just as rewarding.

- although they weren't
called that.

I'm sure we could all find many things to call them ;-)

But pretty well all of ours had a real interest in their job
as well as career.

So you can't get them from work experience or anything else, well we can;t because we were told we couldn't pick and choose.

In other words, just not a way of making enough money
to live on.

The big snag arises in a 'freelance' world. Why would you want to train
someone to compete for your job?

The bigger problem is who's going to pay them and while you are training them who's doing your job. Most people can't be in two places at the same time doing two differnt jobs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I found it very rewarding to have apprentices

rewarding for who ? If you had to share your salery with an appentice
would that be just as rewarding.

More and more I wonder what planet you're on...

--
*Could it be that "I do " is the longest sentence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 3 April 2019 15:08:04 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I found it very rewarding to have apprentices

rewarding for who ? If you had to share your salery with an appentice
would that be just as rewarding.

More and more I wonder what planet you're on...

I doubt it's the same one you are on, or so it seems.

what do you mean by "I found it very rewarding to have apprentices" it what way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
I found it very rewarding to have apprentices

rewarding for who ? If you had to share your salery with an appentice
would that be just as rewarding.

More and more I wonder what planet you're on...

I doubt it's the same one you are on, or so it seems.

what do you mean by "I found it very rewarding to have apprentices" it
what way.

Sorry, Dave. Forgot the only reward you can think of is money.

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 4 April 2019 14:09:02 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
I found it very rewarding to have apprentices

rewarding for who ? If you had to share your salery with an appentice
would that be just as rewarding.

More and more I wonder what planet you're on...

I doubt it's the same one you are on, or so it seems.

what do you mean by "I found it very rewarding to have apprentices" in
what way.

Sorry, Dave. Forgot the only reward you can think of is money.

I never mentioned money as the only reward that is why I was asking.

Sex is another reward it even happens here, which is why 87% of admin staff are women, and all PAs to the academics are women.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
I found it very rewarding to have apprentices

rewarding for who ? If you had to share your salery with an appentice
would that be just as rewarding.

More and more I wonder what planet you're on...

I doubt it's the same one you are on, or so it seems.

what do you mean by "I found it very rewarding to have apprentices" in
what way.

Sorry, Dave. Forgot the only reward you can think of is money.

I never mentioned money as the only reward that is why I was asking.

Ah - OK

Sex is another reward it even happens here, which is why 87% of admin
staff are women, and all PAs to the academics are women.

But you think sex a correct reward for helping to train someone?

--
*When you get a bladder infection urine trouble.*