Michael Dritschel

Default aeg 86720 washing maxhine problem

We have an aeg 86720 oko-lavamat washing machine which we bought four
years ago, and which has functioned without trouble up until today.
During the most recent load of wash it started buzzing and flashing an
error code "C3". The door will not open under these circumstances. I
checked the screen filter on the water hose, and it is clear. Turning
the electricity on and off causes a small amount of water to be pumped
out, so there is no apparent blockage on the output and I would guess
that the pump is working ok. The owners manual is in hiding, and the
only thing I could find on the web regarding this (in Dutch) gave me
the impression that even if I had a manual it wouldn't tell me much,
and that it will be necessary to call in a repairman. There are
places that sell spare parts, so if it were not too complex, I imagine
I could repair it myself. Thanks for any information.

Michael
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
m dot a dot dritschel AT ncl dot ac dot uk

Michael A. Dritschel
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Merz Court
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU
UK

T i m

On 22 Feb 2004 11:44:09 +0000, Michael Dritschel
wrote:

We have an aeg 86720 oko-lavamat washing machine which we bought four
years ago, and which has functioned without trouble up until today.
During the most recent load of wash it started buzzing and flashing an
error code "C3". The door will not open under these circumstances. I
checked the screen filter on the water hose, and it is clear. Turning
the electricity on and off causes a small amount of water to be pumped
out, so there is no apparent blockage on the output and I would guess
that the pump is working ok.

[T] Maybe the pump is working till the object that is causing it to
stop, stops it again? (we had similar with a cocktail stick in our
AEG)

Have you checked / cleaned the filter?

All the best ..

T i m