DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning alcohol (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/629299-cleaning-alcohol.html)

Andy Burns[_13_] January 16th 19 09:37 AM

Cleaning alcohol

Roger Mills wrote:

curious wrote:

clean with alcohol .

I often use surgical spirit for such things.

Not brilliant, the bottle here has 5% w/w that isn't ethanol or methanol.

Rod Speed January 16th 19 09:40 AM

Cleaning alcohol

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 14/01/2019 17:00, curious wrote:
Can white spirit be used to clean tiles where alcohol is specified. It is
to fit Command hanging hooks which specify clean with alcohol .

I often use surgical spirit for such things.

No point. That little extras are added to
metho will never be a problem when
cleaning what you want to stick a hook to.

Peeler[_3_] January 16th 19 10:52 AM

Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 20:40:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I often use surgical spirit for such things.

No point.

And the senile auto-contradictor "struck", again! LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Andrew[_22_] January 16th 19 03:31 PM

Cleaning alcohol

On 15/01/2019 21:01, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 15/01/2019 17:55, ARW wrote:

I also carry nail polish remover:-)

That may contain some oil or such as a moisturiser. Acetone dries the
skin something awful.

Andy

Those big aerosols of foam gun cleaner are just acetone (AFAIK).
Certainly evaporates quickly, and softens plastic so beware.