Old January 8th 19, 05:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking at Brexit from the other direction

Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

Old January 8th 19, 05:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

Will there be a decent import supply of right hand cars?

--
Adrian C
Old January 8th 19, 05:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...o-deal-brexit/

Old January 8th 19, 05:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

There is but most of it is in the native language of the other countries
concerned. They are nowhere near as obsessed with it as we are.

Mostly they are bemused by the fact that the UK side doesn't actually
know what it wants - although the phrase "nebulous demands" really
annoyed the Maybot it hurt because it hit the nail right on the head.

Here is what Port of Rotterdam has to say about the expected delays in
English on their website:

https://www.portofrotterdam.com/en/n...t-of-rotterdam

It is less of an issue for the EU27 since the pain will be shared across
all countries. Some will certainly be more affected than others though.

In the words of Josephs Technicolour Dreamcoat:
"He's also rather dim, there are 11 of us and only one of him."

Except it is 27 of them and one of us.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 8th 19, 05:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

The impact of no trade with the EU (if it happened) is much greater as a
percentage to the UK than it is to the EU.

Individual countries in the EU vary. For example, Germany sells far more
to us than we sell to them. Making it more remarkable that they are
sticking to their guns on the principles of the EU.

Of course we were told by the leave campaign that the EU needs us far more
than we need it, so would give in to our demands. That they were rather
obviously wrong with that must cast doubt on many of their other claims.

--
*42.7% of statistics are made up. Sorry, that should read 47.2% *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Old January 8th 19, 05:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

It depends what the UK does in the way of import taxes. Import duty
European cars and spare parts may not be a vote winner.

--
Michael Chare
Old January 8th 19, 05:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:52:06 +0000, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 08/01/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

It depends what the UK does in the way of import taxes. Import duty
European cars and spare parts may not be a vote winner.

Yes, but if the EU imposes import duty on our cars, would we not have
to do the same to support UK manufacturers? Perhaps Mr Trump could
keep us right with his expertise on tariffs :-)
Old January 8th 19, 06:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback writes:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

There's nowhere near the same level of press coverage, because
non-UK Europeans don't really have any say in it. Also, losing
the UK from the EU is a vastly smaller issue for them than the
UK interrupting the EU market is for us.

If you are referring to information for industry, the EU have
produced plenty of that, well before our government started
doing so.

I have lots of EU colleagues, but more from the net contributor
countries. The net receiver countries could be significantly more
hit, but even they aren't really covering it much, again because
it's not something they have much control over.

The big amasement amoungst my EU collegues is how on earth we
got such an appauling set of politicians in the UK, something
they had hitherto always regarded the UK as above and beyond.
My German collegues in particular see horrifying mirrors of
their own 1930's politics in the UK at the moment, and that
both scares them, and makes them wonder how the hell the UK
ended up going down that route.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old January 8th 19, 06:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe? What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

There is this quite funny German TV thing about brexit on youtube
https://youtu.be/BFU6ig6giwc
I especially laughed at the Boris puppet
TW
Old January 8th 19, 06:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:
Why is there no information on what the effect of Brexit will have on
Europe?

It is simplyt too catastrophic to let the little Europeaners know.

Once they fimd out that is the end of the EU.

What happens to all the imports we take from the EU surely they
will suffer the consequences as well as the UK?

Well they will get more expensive and have to compete with ROW

So job loses in EU land

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell