Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How not to use a combi boiler

Had dinner at the gf's parents yesterday. Her mother turned the CH on at
the programmer and then turned down the room stat. Her reasoning for
doing this.

"So that there would be some hot water for the washing up but she did
not want the radiators on"

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 December 2018 08:24:25 UTC, ARW wrote:
Had dinner at the gf's parents yesterday. Her mother turned the CH on at
the programmer and then turned down the room stat. Her reasoning for
doing this.
"So that there would be some hot water for the washing up but she did
not want the radiators on"

I had a boiler like that 20 years ago.

It wasn't a combi though :-)

Has gf inherited mother's looks or brains?

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Was she perhaps used to an old boiler of antique status before?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
Had dinner at the gf's parents yesterday. Her mother turned the CH on at
the programmer and then turned down the room stat. Her reasoning for doing
this.

"So that there would be some hot water for the washing up but she did not
want the radiators on"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/12/2018 12:02, Brian Gaff wrote:
Was she perhaps used to an old boiler of antique status before?
Brian

I fitted the combi 8 years ago.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 December 2018 12:46:15 UTC, ARW wrote:
Mind you I just checked my fruit machine to see how much we have lifted
off my brothers m-i-l on Christmas Day.
£43.

You should be in net profit quite soon.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW submitted this idea :
Had dinner at the gf's parents yesterday. Her mother turned the CH on at the
programmer and then turned down the room stat. Her reasoning for doing this.

"So that there would be some hot water for the washing up but she did not
want the radiators on"

Present partner was unaware that here she could run both hot and cold
to fill a bath at the same time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sometimes the lights are on but there's nobody in. 😂
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2018 12:46, ARW wrote:

Mind you I just checked my fruit machine to see how much we have lifted
off my brothers m-i-l on Christmas Day.

£43. She did not have £40 of change on her when she arrived but my
brother had stashed some pound coins away just in case she wanted to
swap a couple of notes........

Priceless!