Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Child brides.

On 18/12/2018 09:12, Brian Gaff wrote:
In the not so long past days certain rock and roll artists in the states had
wives as young as 13, and indeed were refused entry into the uk because of
it.
Now I'm not saying it is right of course, but the culture even in the recent
past seemed to be different. I suppose it is just another definition of how
the world changes. It was not that long ago in the UK when women were
possessions of their husbands.

So I think when we judge people and countries we do need to look at our own
past and realise that only time has changed.
Brian

Yes. The age of consent in England and Wales was raised to 16 in 1885.
Before that it was 13. Even then it was only raised to cut child
prostitution.

SteveW

There is Trying to ashley madison affair brides Jess Eddy Home Ownership 0 December 7th 10 01:29 AM
Factual cheating wives brides are there iema Home Repair 0 November 3rd 10 08:24 AM
Cost Cutting Tips For Brides snow Home Repair 0 June 13th 07 12:38 AM
CHILD'S BED J T Woodworking 1 April 15th 04 02:10 PM
Child's Table and Chairs James Woodworking 6 November 15th 03 12:46 AM