Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quad bikes: advice needed

I have a 2 acre garden and it's very steep in places. At the top I'm
well above the roof of the house. The path/lane/track is about 1 in 7 at
its steepest. I call it a garden but it's mostly grass field and trees.
As time goes on I'm finding it more and more tiring to get about. I've
just planted some apple trees (with sheep-proof tree guards) and I ended
up using a Transit van to convey me and materials to and fro. That's
ridiculous really. I'm wondering about getting a quad bike; most likely
second hand. Actually I'm definitely going to get one. Trouble is I
don't know anything about them. What size engine would be reasonable to
carry me and a trailer with, for instance, two or three bags of top soil
and a few tools on it? Petrol, diesel, or electric? I'm assuming it
would have to be four wheel drive.

Bill

Digital Cameras$B!$(BDJ Equipment, Electric guitars, Game console, GPS, Laptops, Mobile Phone, Motorcycles, Mp3, Mp4, Road Bikes, TVs & HDTVs and ex electroic seller Electronics Repair 0 February 28th 08 09:23 PM
3 More Very Strange Bikes javawizard Metalworking 2 October 2nd 07 02:36 AM
Rwanda Wood Bikes J T Woodworking 2 June 15th 07 07:06 PM
Bikes for sale [email protected] UK diy 1 May 17th 07 09:23 PM
Quad 2/Quad II tuner problem Nigel Cook Electronics Repair 1 August 13th 03 10:30 PM