Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laithwaite - on linear motors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJfqMYHaQw

I had not seen this one before!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:11:23 GMT
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJfqMYHaQw

I had not seen this one before!

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

Thanks.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 December 2018 11:32:28 UTC, Davey wrote:

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

I was lucky enough to attend some of his RI Xmas lectures. In
one of them he could easily have shot a member of the audience
with an electromagnetic gun. The projectile - a substantial metal
rod which I think was made of alternating bands of copper and iron
was fired at a thick target of multiple sheets of blockboard with
audience members behind it. The projectile penetrated the full
thickness of the target but fortunately remained wedged in it.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2018 11:32, Davey wrote:
On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:11:23 GMT
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJfqMYHaQw

I had not seen this one before!

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

Thanks.

ISTR he put a hole in the lab wall when one of his spheres started to
spin too fast and it crashed into the wall. I never did actually see the
damage but a lot of people were talking about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home brought next idea :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJfqMYHaQw

I had not seen this one before!

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

Thanks.

ISTR he put a hole in the lab wall when one of his spheres started to spin
too fast and it crashed into the wall. I never did actually see the damage
but a lot of people were talking about it.

His once well regarded reputation crashed, when he began investigating
'gravity defying' gyroscopes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJfqMYHaQw

I had not seen this one before!

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

Thanks.

ISTR he put a hole in the lab wall when one of his spheres started to
spin too fast and it crashed into the wall. I never did actually see
the damage but a lot of people were talking about it.

His once well regarded reputation crashed, when he began investigating
'gravity defying' gyroscopes.

Hmm, you do get a force when you flip a gyroscope.
Whether you can harness that force to give continual movement in a
particular direction is the problem.
Its not as though he was trying perpetual motion like most cranks out there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home has brought this to us :
His once well regarded reputation crashed, when he began investigating
'gravity defying' gyroscopes.

Hmm, you do get a force when you flip a gyroscope.
Whether you can harness that force to give continual movement in a particular
direction is the problem.
Its not as though he was trying perpetual motion like most cranks out there.

I wasn't being critical of him, but rather critical of the
'establishment'. He was/is one of my tech heroes, ever since I saw him
on the Christmas Lectures and the Open University.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:11:23 GMT
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJfqMYHaQw

I had not seen this one before!

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

Striking how much better the video quality
is now even with the cheapest phones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 05:03:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I fondly remember watching him on the TV doing those demonstrations.

Striking how much better the video quality
is now even with the cheapest phones.

Striking how you REALLY keep following up on EVERY SINGLE link that will get
posted here, you useless senile idiot! G

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."