Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basic painting advice

Refresh of interior woodwork; Skirting, door frames etc.

Currently basically sound but last painted white over 20 years ago, so
now somewhat off-white. In living room with no smokers, so no staining
or cooking side effects.

Needs to go back to proper white.

1) Sanding
2) Wash with sugar soap
2) Rinse
4) Undercoat
5) Gloss.

Step 4 - required or not?
Step 5 - water or oil based paint ( much to my surprise I discovered in
the shed this afternoon that oil based white was still available)

--
Chris B (News)