Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ged

Default Should this have tripped the breaker?

Wiring up new wallights in the early hours the other night and managed
to wire the earth on the wall light into the live feed and the " live
" cable on the wallight into earth !.. I do sort of have an excuse as
it was about 1.00 am, i was knackered and do feel a complete arse!

the first light worked fine and the live feed to the 2nd light (where
i made the mixup) is taken from the chokblock at the connection behind
the 1st light.

I thought this would have tripped the circuit breaker at the unit when
i flicked on the switch ?

Any pointers...Honest..I do normally know what I'm doing!

Cheers

Ged