Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default any plastic kit people here?

I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978 for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978 for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

feck me I should have kept it new in box ! ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OTAKI-Mus...EAAOSwIShblQw-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/japanese-...AOSwpJdbT2N K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 13:26:12 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978 for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

probably a realistic model of a real 78 mustang, its tyres would be knackered too.

feck me I should have kept it new in box ! ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OTAKI-Mus...EAAOSwIShblQw-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/japanese-...AOSwpJdbT2N K

asking price is not selling price

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978 for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the
loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

probably a realistic model of a real 78 mustang, its tyres would be
knackered too.

it's probably a 71 or 72 .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh yes seen that. It believe it or not happened to all the rubber parts in a
Neal 103 cassette deck almost overnight one day. They just formed a gloopy
puddle, the idler drive the pressure roller all of it. The mechanics were
made in the USA by a 3M company by the unlikely name of wollensack.
I did not repair it it had done many miles and worn out two tape heads so
it had done its time, but to this day I have no idea what triggered the
meltdown as it was only ever cleaned with ipa.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978 for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978
for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the
loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

probably a realistic model of a real 78 mustang, its tyres would be
knackered too.

it's probably a '71 or '72 .......

not a '73 ....and certainly not a '78 ... you know nutting

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:26:09 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought this kit in 1978 at The Clyde model Dockyard Glasgow in 1978 for
£18.....I started building it but got bored....just dug it out of the loft
his morning to complete it 40 years later and I find the tyres have
melted...any ideas? ... can you still get them ? ....

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?...d=501077349145

Why don't you 'weather it' and put it in an urban scene diorama
entitled 'Stolen and burnt out'? ;-)

feck me I should have kept it new in box ! ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OTAKI-Mus...EAAOSwIShblQw-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/japanese-...AOSwpJdbT2N K

At least you know were you can buy some replacement tyres from. ;-)

Cheers, T i m