Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric gate openers...

Looking into getting & fitting one to a metal farm style gate.

Most economical appear to be linear actuator types on eBay
/Amazon, lots made in Italy, presumably more made in
China...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad with these things?

TIA
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
Looking into getting & fitting one to a metal farm style gate.

Most economical appear to be linear actuator types on eBay
/Amazon, lots made in Italy, presumably more made in
China...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad with these things?

I've got a 12 volt one operating our chicken house door. It used to
be a German made mains voltage one but I had three of them die (in 15
years or so it has to be said). The 12 volt one was the cheapest I
could find on eBay from a supplier with UK stock but is surely one
from China. It's been very reliable so far, no complaints.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:
Looking into getting & fitting one to a metal farm style gate.

Most economical appear to be linear actuator types on eBay
/Amazon, lots made in Italy, presumably more made in
China...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad with these things?

I've got a 12 volt one operating our chicken house door. It used to
be a German made mains voltage one but I had three of them die (in 15
years or so it has to be said). The 12 volt one was the cheapest I
could find on eBay from a supplier with UK stock but is surely one
from China. It's been very reliable so far, no complaints.

Interesting thanks. Was it a kit? Any chance of a link or name to
search eBay with ?
TIA
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
Looking into getting & fitting one to a metal farm style gate.

Most economical appear to be linear actuator types on eBay
/Amazon, lots made in Italy, presumably more made in
China...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad with these things?

I've got a 12 volt one operating our chicken house door. It used to
be a German made mains voltage one but I had three of them die (in 15
years or so it has to be said). The 12 volt one was the cheapest I
could find on eBay from a supplier with UK stock but is surely one
from China. It's been very reliable so far, no complaints.

Interesting thanks. Was it a kit? Any chance of a link or name to
search eBay with ?

Here you go, the supplier on eBay:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-75...8/152577879468

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
Looking into getting & fitting one to a metal farm style gate.

Most economical appear to be linear actuator types on eBay
/Amazon, lots made in Italy, presumably more made in
China...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad with these things?

I've got a 12 volt one operating our chicken house door. It used to
be a German made mains voltage one but I had three of them die (in 15
years or so it has to be said). The 12 volt one was the cheapest I
could find on eBay from a supplier with UK stock but is surely one
from China. It's been very reliable so far, no complaints.

Interesting thanks. Was it a kit? Any chance of a link or name to
search eBay with ?

Here you go, the supplier on eBay:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-75...8/152577879468

Thks I'll have a look later.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim K wrote:
Looking into getting & fitting one to a metal farm style gate.

Most economical appear to be linear actuator types on eBay
/Amazon, lots made in Italy, presumably more made in
China...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad with these things?

I'd look for one with a nice chunky induction motor and gearbox.

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Gate Openers Mr Sandman[_3_] UK diy 12 January 28th 14 07:00 PM
Powered gate openers Rick Samuel[_2_] Home Repair 1 February 15th 09 03:41 PM
Gate Openers - Shop Online Below Retail liukaiyuan UK diy 0 May 4th 08 12:45 PM
Gate Openers [email protected] UK diy 0 April 7th 08 01:28 AM
Gate Openers [email protected] UK diy 1 April 3rd 08 05:38 PM