Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well OT - expected life of public buildings; leisure/sportscentre

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:44:19 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

It amazes me that some aircraft - Douglas DC3 - are still going strong
at 80 years old, whereas others are dead in 15...

The DC3 survives because it had a simple, easily repaired, airframe that
was not subjected to the stresses of pressurization.

Is that the one they call the "flying coffin"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:44:19 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

It amazes me that some aircraft - Douglas DC3 - are still going strong
at 80 years old, whereas others are dead in 15...

The DC3 survives because it had a simple, easily repaired, airframe that
was not subjected to the stresses of pressurization.

Is that the one they call the "flying coffin"?

Nope.
https://www.google.com/search?q=flying+coffin+plane

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/18 19:12, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:44:19 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

It amazes me that some aircraft - Douglas DC3 - are still going strong
at 80 years old, whereas others are dead in 15...

The DC3 survives because it had a simple, easily repaired, airframe that
was not subjected to the stresses of pressurization.

Is that the one they call the "flying coffin"?

Nah. That was either the U2 or the Lockheed lightning

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 04:19:46 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Nope.

Your favourite word, eh, you "argumentative asshole"! VBG

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 11/09/18 19:12, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:44:19 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

It amazes me that some aircraft - Douglas DC3 - are still going strong
at 80 years old, whereas others are dead in 15...

The DC3 survives because it had a simple, easily repaired, airframe that
was not subjected to the stresses of pressurization.

Is that the one they call the "flying coffin"?

Nah. That was either the U2 or the Lockheed lightning

Starfighter - German/Nato version.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 20:33:44 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 11/09/18 19:12, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:44:19 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

It amazes me that some aircraft - Douglas DC3 - are still going
strong at 80 years old, whereas others are dead in 15...

The DC3 survives because it had a simple, easily repaired, airframe
that was not subjected to the stresses of pressurization.
Is that the one they call the "flying coffin"?

Nah. That was either the U2 or the Lockheed lightning

Starfighter - German/Nato version.

ME 110 in the 2nd World War.

Cheers

Dave R