Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Compact spares

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Ouch!

But lets be honest, with a bulge in it they should have let it down.

Indeed. Obvious with hindsight but even without deflation, it must have
been a freakish blowout to have killed someone I would have thought.
Still, it happened so maybe theres more than enough energy to cause severe
trauma. I know that lorry tyres are particularly dangerous but Id not
heard about deaths caused by car tyre explosions before this.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 September 2018 22:40:03 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Ouch!

But lets be honest, with a bulge in it they should have let it down.

Indeed. Obvious with hindsight but even without deflation, it must have
been a freakish blowout to have killed someone I would have thought.
Still, it happened so maybe theres more than enough energy to cause severe
trauma. I know that lorry tyres are particularly dangerous but Id not
heard about deaths caused by car tyre explosions before this.

Tim

It's why tyre shops use cages.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 23/09/18 22:40, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Ouch!

But lets be honest, with a bulge in it they should have let it down.

Indeed. Obvious with hindsight but even without deflation, it must have
been a freakish blowout to have killed someone I would have thought.
Still, it happened so maybe theres more than enough energy to cause severe
trauma. I know that lorry tyres are particularly dangerous but Id not
heard about deaths caused by car tyre explosions before this.

But car tyre are not usually on someones lap, nor inside a car. I assume
apart from any injury caused by explosion and heavy object on the loose,
there was also a car out of control.

--
djc

(̿Ĺ̯̿ ̿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Ouch!

But lets be honest, with a bulge in it they should have let it down.

Indeed. Obvious with hindsight but even without deflation, it must have
been a freakish blowout to have killed someone I would have thought.
Still, it happened so maybe there?s more than enough energy to cause severe
trauma. I know that lorry tyres are particularly dangerous but I?d not
heard about deaths caused by car tyre explosions before this.

Tim

It's why tyre shops use cages.

NT

Never seen a car tyre place use a cage, ever....
Reality strikes again?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Ouch!

But lets be honest, with a bulge in it they should have let it down.

Indeed. Obvious with hindsight but even without deflation, it must have
been a freakish blowout to have killed someone I would have thought.
Still, it happened so maybe theres more than enough energy to cause severe
trauma. I know that lorry tyres are particularly dangerous but Id not
heard about deaths caused by car tyre explosions before this.

Tim

It's why tyre shops use cages.

Car tyre. Never ever seen a cage used at any car tyre shop.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2018 21:22, DJC wrote:
On 23/09/18 22:40, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Ouch!

But lets be honest, with a bulge in it they should have let it down.

Indeed. Obvious with hindsight but even without deflation, it must have
been a freakish blowout to have killed someone I would have thought.
Still, it happened so maybe theres more than enough energy to cause
severe
trauma.* I know that lorry tyres are particularly dangerous but Id not
heard about deaths caused by car tyre explosions before this.

But car tyre are not usually on someones lap, nor inside a car. I assume
apart from any injury caused by explosion and heavy object on the loose,
there was also a car out of control.

If you read TFA you'll find

"Capt Wilcox was holding the car tyre inside the vehicle, because it
would not fit in the boot, when it exploded."

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 25/09/18 21:08, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 24/09/2018 21:22, DJC wrote:
On 23/09/18 22:40, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/09/2018 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

Yes, I did read that. Apart from any direct injury from the exploding
tyre, I would not expec the driver to have been in full control at that
moment sothere would also be injury from a heavy wheel on the loose
inside the car