Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wallpaper seams

I need to stick down some wallpaper seams abouve a radiator. Not keep on
the special stuff as it is quite thick and makes a ridge.
Any recommendations? I assume ordinary paste may not soak into the paper
again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/06/2018 15:33, DerbyBorn wrote:
I need to stick down some wallpaper seams abouve a radiator. Not keep on
the special stuff as it is quite thick and makes a ridge.
Any recommendations? I assume ordinary paste may not soak into the paper
again.

I was under the impression that the "special stuff" was just PVA which
is water soluble. With lifting wallpaper one trick is to use ordinary
wallpaper paste but do not attempt to stick it back immediately. Use a
small brush[1] to get the paste on the back of the paper and get some on
the surface it has to be stuck to and then leave it for 15 minutes
-reapplying some more paste if it dries out too much. After 15 minutes
stick the too surfaces together.

The ridge you are getting may be because the paper is not stuck too well
beyond the point it is lifting.

[1] For areas that cannot be peeled back a bit to apply the paste I've
had some success injecting the glue using a syringe (without a needle).
Syringes for filling ink cartridges can be found on Ebay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

[1] For areas that cannot be peeled back a bit to apply the paste I've
had some success injecting the glue using a syringe (without a needle).
Syringes for filling ink cartridges can be found on Ebay.

These worked well for me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X69QFAQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was redecorating and I had a section of emulsioned lining paper
over a radiator that had bubbled and lifted badly. I injected PVA
into the affected areas, made good with fine surface filler, and
it is now undetectable.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK