DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher detergent (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/612487-dishwasher-detergent.html)

David Godfrey June 7th 18 08:44 PM

Dishwasher detergent

Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes as well

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...t-1292964-.htm

Rod Speed June 7th 18 08:52 PM

Dishwasher detergent

David Godfrey m wrote

Far fewer problems with liquid detergent

I find the opposite.

but doesn't clean the dishes as well

Thats the killer for me.

Andrew Gabriel June 8th 18 08:48 AM

Dishwasher detergent

In article ,
David Godfrey m writes:
Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes as well

In my machine, I stopped using liquid because it formed something that
looked like hard water scale on the element that would flake off and
block the water jets (only it isn't hard water scale as it doesn't
dissolve in acids).

All dishwasher detergents became less effective about 18 months ago
when they had to remove the phosphates. Often this is unnoticed if
you use tablets as for most washes there is way more detergent than
is needed, but if you more accurately dose liquid or powder according
to the washing load and fat, then this was more obvious as more
detergent was needed.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Bob Eager[_6_] June 8th 18 09:14 AM

Dishwasher detergent

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 07:48:43 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
David Godfrey m
writes:
Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes
as well

In my machine, I stopped using liquid because it formed something that
looked like hard water scale on the element that would flake off and
block the water jets (only it isn't hard water scale as it doesn't
dissolve in acids).

All dishwasher detergents became less effective about 18 months ago when
they had to remove the phosphates. Often this is unnoticed if you use
tablets as for most washes there is way more detergent than is needed,
but if you more accurately dose liquid or powder according to the
washing load and fat, then this was more obvious as more detergent was
needed.

I use the bulk powder from CPC, in 5kg or 10kg tubs.

The biggest problem is getting UPS to deliver it in one piece.

Andrew Gabriel June 8th 18 01:31 PM

Dishwasher detergent

writes:
Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes
as well

In my machine, I stopped using liquid because it formed something that
looked like hard water scale on the element that would flake off and
block the water jets (only it isn't hard water scale as it doesn't
dissolve in acids).

All dishwasher detergents became less effective about 18 months ago when
they had to remove the phosphates. Often this is unnoticed if you use
tablets as for most washes there is way more detergent than is needed,
but if you more accurately dose liquid or powder according to the
washing load and fat, then this was more obvious as more detergent was
needed.

I use the bulk powder from CPC, in 5kg or 10kg tubs.

Oh, is it any good? I never thought of looking there.
Actually, I can't find it on their website. Got a part number?
At the moment, I use Sainsbury's, since Waitrose stopped doing it.

The biggest problem is getting UPS to deliver it in one piece.

At least they don't use Yodel...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Bob Eager[_6_] June 9th 18 12:21 AM

Dishwasher detergent

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:31:45 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

writes:
[...]

Seems fine to me. I used to think it smelled a bit chlorine-y in use, but
either that's changed or I've failed to notice it any more.

Part numbers SA01339 (5kg) and SA01340 (10kg).

As it happens, I ordered some about two hours ago, and I had a struggle
finding it (again). The magic keyword is 'dishwashing'.

The biggest problem is getting UPS to deliver it in one piece.

At least they don't use Yodel...

Well, half the problem is the way it's packed (or not). Order it
separately to anything else.

[email protected] June 12th 18 02:20 PM

Dishwasher detergent

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading reviews from https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and playing with various detergents.

[email protected] June 12th 18 02:21 PM

Dishwasher detergent

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will come back to Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading reviews from https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and playing with various detergents.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 02:24 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which
means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty
much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to Cascade again. You
can surely do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

[email protected] June 12th 18 02:32 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 14:24:05 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which
means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty
much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to Cascade again. You
can surely do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't seem to be any significant difference in performance.

NT

[email protected] June 12th 18 02:34 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 14:21:52 UTC+1, wrote:
I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will come back to Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading reviews from https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and playing with various detergents.

I did look at the link but gave up after the first round of idiot bs

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 02:49 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:32:50 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 14:24:05 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping,

which
means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing

pretty
much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to Cascade again. You
can surely do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no
difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't
seem to be any significant difference in performance.

They're not exactly the latest in technology, there's no reason they
shouldn't all be the same.

But I have found that washing machine detergent is crap if you buy the
cheaper supermarket stuff. And the cheaper soft rinse is neither soft or
smells nice.

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] June 12th 18 04:37 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On 12/06/18 14:20, wrote:
I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs.

Well **** me with a ninepin.

I am not

private property.

Karl Marx

Bob Eager[_6_] June 12th 18 06:27 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:32:50 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no
difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't
seem to be any significant difference in performance.

Just had a new 5 kg tub of the Shorrock Trichem stuff from CPC delivered.
Lasts ages.

Peeler[_2_] June 12th 18 07:04 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:32:50 -0700 (PDT), , another
mentally challenged, troll-feeding idiot, driveled again:

Already at it again, you demented senile troll-feeding ****?

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 07:08 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:27:39 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:32:50 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no
difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't
seem to be any significant difference in performance.

Just had a new 5 kg tub of the Shorrock Trichem stuff from CPC delivered.
Lasts ages.

5kg? I use individual tablets. What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

Rod Speed June 12th 18 07:15 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs.
Just to compare, bought some Finish powder recently and
it keeps clumping, which means that our dishes were coming
out dirty and needing rewashing pretty much every time we
ran it. So, will come back to Cascade again. You can surely
do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and playing
with various detergents.

I personally used the tablets, not the powder and find Finish
and the Aldi Logix both work fine and buy what's cheapest.

In a Bosch currently.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 07:21 PM

Dishwasher detergent

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which
means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty
much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to Cascade again. You
can surely do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

No they are not all the same. One left a haze on glasses
after a number of washes. Finish removed that haze and
it never happened when Finish was used.

I never rinse or anything, just tip stuff like chop bones
and T bones into the bin before the plate goes into
the dishwasher and do a run usually about every 2
weeks, when there are no more clean dinner plates.
And wash extremely filthy stuff like the roast lamb
roast pan with nothing done before washing except
to melt the fat and pour that off into an empty can.
And only wash that after a number of roasts. The
worst of the detergents don't get as good a result.

Hopefully Pam will read this and burst a blood vessel or something.

RJH[_2_] June 12th 18 07:27 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On 12/06/2018 14:21, wrote:
I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping, which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will come back to Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and playing with various detergents.

I find the Aldi all-in-1 tablets are as good as any - about 8p per pill
IIRC. Unlike the link above's 'budget' pick - Ecover at over 20p/pill.

--
Cheers, Rob

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 07:47 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:21:28 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping,
which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing
rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to
Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading reviews
from https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

No they are not all the same. One left a haze on glasses
after a number of washes. Finish removed that haze and
it never happened when Finish was used.

I use rinse aid to remove the haze, so the detergent can leave it if it
likes. I've set the rinse aid selector to full.

I never rinse or anything, just tip stuff like chop bones
and T bones into the bin before the plate goes into
the dishwasher and do a run usually about every 2
weeks, when there are no more clean dinner plates.

Same here, but more often as I have many many pets and use a lot of
dishes. Probably every 3 or 4 days I run the dishwasher.

And wash extremely filthy stuff like the roast lamb
roast pan with nothing done before washing except
to melt the fat and pour that off into an empty can.
And only wash that after a number of roasts. The
worst of the detergents don't get as good a result.

I leave stuff caked on for a few days, and a few dishes will come out
still slightly dirty, they just go back in again. The best detergent
isn't any better at this. What I find most effective is increasing the
temperature of the wash cycle.

Hopefully Pam will read this and burst a blood vessel or something.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 07:53 PM

Dishwasher detergent

[...]

They do in fact keep changing the technology.

there's no reason they shouldn't all be the same.

The obvious reason is that some ingredients are cheaper
than others. And some do more R&D than others too.

That one that left a haze on glassware after a number
of washed did eventually get their act into gear and
reformulated theirs and fixed that problem. And sent
me a box of the new ones unsolicited when I had
claimed a refund on the earlier dud formulation.

But I have found that washing machine detergent is crap if you buy the
cheaper supermarket stuff.

So why isnt that just as true of dishwasher detergent ?

In fact we have had washing machines for a lot
longer that dishwashers, so your line about how
long they have been making them for can't fly.

And the cheaper soft rinse is neither soft or smells nice.

Don't use any rinse in either the washing machine or the dishwasher.

And I don't want my clothes to smell of anything.

Same with what I use in the shower, I use Pears Transparent
because it doesn't leave me stinking of some perfume.

The Other John[_3_] June 12th 18 07:57 PM

Dishwasher detergent

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

--
TOJ.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 07:59 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:53:46 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

[...]

How long have dishwashers been available? It's about time they'd
perfected it?

there's no reason they shouldn't all be the same.

The obvious reason is that some ingredients are cheaper
than others. And some do more R&D than others too.

How much research is needed after all this time?

That one that left a haze on glassware after a number
of washed did eventually get their act into gear and
reformulated theirs and fixed that problem. And sent
me a box of the new ones unsolicited when I had
claimed a refund on the earlier dud formulation.

Don't you use rinse aid?

But I have found that washing machine detergent is crap if you buy the
cheaper supermarket stuff.

So why isnt that just as true of dishwasher detergent ?

No idea.

In fact we have had washing machines for a lot
longer that dishwashers, so your line about how
long they have been making them for can't fly.

Because manufacturers are stupid? I can't believe detergent costs much to
make.

And the cheaper soft rinse is neither soft or smells nice.

Don't use any rinse in either the washing machine or the dishwasher.

And I don't want my clothes to smell of anything.

Why not?

Same with what I use in the shower, I use Pears Transparent
because it doesn't leave me stinking of some perfume.

Perfume covers sweat smells.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 08:07 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:57:02 +0100, The Other John wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

There's nothing on god's earth which is more child proof than adult
proof. By their very nature kids are better at opening fiddly things.
The PC ****wits are fooling themselves.

Besides, shouldn't it be up to the parents to keep the tablets away from
their kids?

Peeler[_2_] June 12th 18 08:13 PM

Troll-feeding Ozzietard Alert!

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 04:53:46 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

FLUSH another load of the usual senile drivel unread

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Peeler[_2_] June 12th 18 08:15 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:57:02 GMT, The Other John, another mentally deficient
troll-feeding retard, blabbered:

What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

Yeah, I KNEW it! Another SENILE idiot who can't resist the unwashed gay
Scottish ******'s sociopathic "charm"! LOL

Peeler[_2_] June 12th 18 08:17 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 04:21:28 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

No they are not all the same. One left a haze on glasses
after a number of washes. Finish removed that haze and
it never happened when Finish was used.

I never rinse or anything,

You SHOULD, especially after you sucked off the unwashed Scottish ******
again, Rot!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Bob Eager[_6_] June 12th 18 08:49 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:27:31 +0100, RJH wrote:

On 12/06/2018 14:21, wrote:
I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping,
which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing rewashing
pretty much every time we ran it. So, will come back to Cascade again.
You can surely do your own research by reading reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

I find the Aldi all-in-1 tablets are as good as any - about 8p per pill
IIRC. Unlike the link above's 'budget' pick - Ecover at over 20p/pill.

Normal powder is about 4p a dose.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 09:11 PM

Dishwasher detergent

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:27:39 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:32:50 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no
difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't
seem to be any significant difference in performance.

Just had a new 5 kg tub of the Shorrock Trichem stuff from CPC delivered.
Lasts ages.

5kg? I use individual tablets. What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

Some can be hydroscopic. And some come with wraps that
dissolve in the dishwasher so you don't have to remove it.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 09:22 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:11:02 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:27:39 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:32:50 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

When I tried all the brands of dishwasher tablets here I found no
difference. They're not as simple as just detergent, but there doesn't
seem to be any significant difference in performance.

Just had a new 5 kg tub of the Shorrock Trichem stuff from CPC
delivered.
Lasts ages.

5kg? I use individual tablets. What ****es me off is they wrap each
one separately. Why?

Some can be hydroscopic.

A hydroscope is "an optical device used for viewing objects far below the
surface of water". So WTF is "hydroscopic" in relation to dishwasher
tablets?

And some come with wraps that
dissolve in the dishwasher so you don't have to remove it.

Just checked and mine say to remove the wrapper before use.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 09:24 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping,
which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing
rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to
Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading reviews
from https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

No they are not all the same. One left a haze on glasses
after a number of washes. Finish removed that haze and
it never happened when Finish was used.

I use rinse aid to remove the haze,

There is no haze to remove with Logix
or Finish tablets and no rinse aid.

so the detergent can leave it if it likes. I've set the rinse aid
selector to full.

Waste of money IMO, particularly with the
very cheap Logix and Finish discounted offers.

I never rinse or anything, just tip stuff like chop bones
and T bones into the bin before the plate goes into
the dishwasher and do a run usually about every 2
weeks, when there are no more clean dinner plates.

Same here, but more often as I have many many pets and use a lot of
dishes.

Why do you bother to give them a
clean one every meal with the pets ?

Guess with cats they can turn their noses up at dirty plates.

Probably every 3 or 4 days I run the dishwasher.

I forgot to say that I only have one proper meal on a plate
every day. I don't bother with lunch, at most have an apple
or a couple of bananas and use the same small plate for
about half the dishwasher run time for the massive great
thick slab of toast that's my only breakfast. In other words
usually only a couple of those breakfast plates per
dishwasher run.

And wash extremely filthy stuff like the roast lamb
roast pan with nothing done before washing except
to melt the fat and pour that off into an empty can.
And only wash that after a number of roasts. The
worst of the detergents don't get as good a result.

I leave stuff caked on for a few days, and a few dishes will come out
still slightly dirty,

Don't ever get that with the Logix or Finish tabs,
in the Bosch dishwasher on the ultra hot cycle.
I use the most aggressive cycle because some
of the other stuff like the shallow dishes I do the
filo chicken pillows etc in the convection oven
get really baked on stuff in them.

they just go back in again. The best detergent isn't any better at this.

It is for me.

What I find most effective is increasing the temperature of the wash
cycle.

Yeah, that's why I always use the hottest longest one.

Hopefully Pam will read this and burst a blood vessel or something.

Looks like that has worked.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 09:32 PM

Dishwasher detergent

The Other John wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

What ****es me off is they wrap each one separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

Cant you keep a small pair of surgical scissors in the box of tabs ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medical-O...Z0Ga-IolczU_eQ

And some tabs have soluble wraps too.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 09:40 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote:

[...]

They havent even done that with washing machine
detergent and washing machines have been around
for a lot longer than dishwashers.

In spades with what is used in the bath or shower.

there's no reason they shouldn't all be the same.

The obvious reason is that some ingredients are cheaper
than others. And some do more R&D than others too.

How much research is needed after all this time?

Must be some or they wouldn't bother doing it.

That one that left a haze on glassware after a number
of washed did eventually get their act into gear and
reformulated theirs and fixed that problem. And sent
me a box of the new ones unsolicited when I had
claimed a refund on the earlier dud formulation.

Don't you use rinse aid?

Nope, waste of money. I use the cheapest Logix or
Finish tabs I can find on offer. Currently mostly Logix
since we have a new Aldi since the start of last year
and those work out cheaper than the best Finish
discount offers here.

But I have found that washing machine detergent is crap if you buy the
cheaper supermarket stuff.

So why isnt that just as true of dishwasher detergent ?

No idea.

In fact we have had washing machines for a lot
longer that dishwashers, so your line about how
long they have been making them for can't fly.

Because manufacturers are stupid?

Unlikely they all are with such a big industry.

I can't believe detergent costs much to make.

They arent hugely profitable.

Not into perfumed ****.

Same with what I use in the shower, I use Pears Transparent
because it doesn't leave me stinking of some perfume.

Perfume covers sweat smells.

I don't stink when I sweat.

Rod Speed June 12th 18 09:44 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

There's nothing on god's earth which is more child proof than adult proof.

Plenty that uses the fact that adults have much bigger and stronger hands
is.

And height with child proof pool fence gates too.

By their very nature kids are better at opening fiddly things.

But not with things that require big more powerful hands.

The PC ****wits are fooling themselves.

Nope. Not with the best child proof stuff.

Besides, shouldn't it be up to the parents to keep the tablets away from
their kids?

Easier said than done quite a bit of the time
with stuff that's used most days. Few want to
fart around locking stuff like that up and the
kids will soon work out where the key is anyway.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 09:51 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:20:53 +0100, wrote:

I have always been a fan of Cascade Platinum Actionpacs. Just to
compare, bought some Finish powder recently and it keeps clumping,
which means that our dishes were coming out dirty and needing
rewashing pretty much every time we ran it. So, will ci=ome back to
Cascade again. You can surely do your own research by reading
reviews from
https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...her-detergent/ , and
playing with various detergents.

They're all the same, it's just detergent.

No they are not all the same. One left a haze on glasses
after a number of washes. Finish removed that haze and
it never happened when Finish was used.

I use rinse aid to remove the haze,

There is no haze to remove with Logix
or Finish tablets and no rinse aid.

I see no point in paying more for something that doesn't need a cheaper
thing to go with it. My dishwasher has a place to put rinse aid, so
clearly that's what you're meant to use.

so the detergent can leave it if it likes. I've set the rinse aid
selector to full.

Waste of money IMO, particularly with the
very cheap Logix and Finish discounted offers.

I buy supermarket brand stuff, works just fine.

I never rinse or anything, just tip stuff like chop bones
and T bones into the bin before the plate goes into
the dishwasher and do a run usually about every 2
weeks, when there are no more clean dinner plates.

Same here, but more often as I have many many pets and use a lot of
dishes.

Why do you bother to give them a
clean one every meal with the pets ?

To avoid disease?

Guess with cats they can turn their noses up at dirty plates.

They're ****ing fussy. They beg for food, then eat half of it, then
refuse to eat the rest 2 hours later.

Probably every 3 or 4 days I run the dishwasher.

I forgot to say that I only have one proper meal on a plate
every day. I don't bother with lunch, at most have an apple
or a couple of bananas and use the same small plate for
about half the dishwasher run time for the massive great
thick slab of toast that's my only breakfast. In other words
usually only a couple of those breakfast plates per
dishwasher run.

I also have one meal a day. Dunno where all the dishes come from really.

And wash extremely filthy stuff like the roast lamb
roast pan with nothing done before washing except
to melt the fat and pour that off into an empty can.
And only wash that after a number of roasts. The
worst of the detergents don't get as good a result.

I leave stuff caked on for a few days, and a few dishes will come out
still slightly dirty,

Don't ever get that with the Logix or Finish tabs,
in the Bosch dishwasher on the ultra hot cycle.
I use the most aggressive cycle because some
of the other stuff like the shallow dishes I do the
filo chicken pillows etc in the convection oven
get really baked on stuff in them.

I find anything that's not got a decent amount of space for the water to
splash around doesn't get clean. It's a Beko dishwasher though....

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 09:52 PM

Dishwasher detergent

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:32:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

The Other John wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

What ****es me off is they wrap each one separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

Cant you keep a small pair of surgical scissors in the box of tabs ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medical-O...Z0Ga-IolczU_eQ

Why should he have to? The tabs should be non-wrapped. You can buy the
powder in a bottle without any wrapping and just pour it in, what's so
special about tabs that they need little wrappers?

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 09:54 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote:
[...]

Or they're stupid. Cleaning isn't rocket science.

That one that left a haze on glassware after a number
of washed did eventually get their act into gear and
reformulated theirs and fixed that problem. And sent
me a box of the new ones unsolicited when I had
claimed a refund on the earlier dud formulation.

Don't you use rinse aid?

Nope, waste of money. I use the cheapest Logix or
Finish tabs I can find on offer. Currently mostly Logix
since we have a new Aldi since the start of last year
and those work out cheaper than the best Finish
discount offers here.

I use Aldi tablets, they aren't called Logix though.

But I have found that washing machine detergent is crap if you buy
the cheaper supermarket stuff.

So why isnt that just as true of dishwasher detergent ?

No idea.

In fact we have had washing machines for a lot
longer that dishwashers, so your line about how
long they have been making them for can't fly.

Because manufacturers are stupid?

Unlikely they all are with such a big industry.

Perhaps they think they can get away with selling us powdered sugar?

I can't believe detergent costs much to make.

They arent hugely profitable.

And the cheaper soft rinse is neither soft or smells nice.

Don't use any rinse in either the washing machine or the dishwasher.

And I don't want my clothes to smell of anything.

Why not?

Not into perfumed ****.

Same with what I use in the shower, I use Pears Transparent
because it doesn't leave me stinking of some perfume.

Perfume covers sweat smells.

I don't stink when I sweat.

Then you're one in a million. Most sweat stinks.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] June 12th 18 09:56 PM

Dishwasher detergent

wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

What ****es me off is they wrap each one
separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets! Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well! With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

There's nothing on god's earth which is more child proof than adult
proof.

Plenty that uses the fact that adults have much bigger and stronger
hands is.

Everything like pills requires more dexterity, not strength. Adults have
larger hands so less dexterity. It's been proven in studies adults are
worse at undoing those caps.

Besides, shouldn't it be up to the parents to keep the tablets away
from their kids?

Easier said than done quite a bit of the time
with stuff that's used most days. Few want to
fart around locking stuff like that up and the
kids will soon work out where the key is anyway.

Well that's the parents' problem.

Peeler[_2_] June 12th 18 09:56 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Ozzietard Alert!

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 06:40:35 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

FLUSH the usual senile ****

I don't stink when I sweat.

You stink whenever you open your filthy gob, senile Ozzietard!