Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So, these new MOTs ..

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Which it failed on the slight cuts in the tread (exposed cord, he said,
easy to miss) but 'It has an MOT already so its leagl to drive'.

Sounds a bit thick to me then. Try telling plod that when you're stopped
with 4 bald tyres.

Stopped by plod? More chance of winning the lottery.

--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Which it failed on the slight cuts in the tread (exposed cord, he said,
easy to miss) but 'It has an MOT already so its leagl to drive'.

Sounds a bit thick to me then. Try telling plod that when you're stopped
with 4 bald tyres.

Stopped by plod? More chance of winning the lottery.

Unless you ping their ANPR or are using a mobile phone
or act like you are under the influence, or are
carrying too many passengers or objects then there is
no reason to stop you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2018 11:24, Andrew wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Which it failed on the slight cuts in the tread (exposed cord, he said,
easy to miss) but 'It has an MOT already so its leagl to drive'.

Sounds a bit thick to me then. Try telling plod that when you're stopped
with 4 bald tyres.

Stopped by plod? More chance of winning the lottery.

Unless you ping their ANPR or are using a mobile phone
or act like you are under the influence, or are
carrying too many passengers or objects then there is
no reason to stop you.

I got pulled over for having a rusty wing a long time ago. On a
motorway, too.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 10:34:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Which it failed on the slight cuts in the tread (exposed cord, he said,
easy to miss) but 'It has an MOT already so its leagl to drive'.

Sounds a bit thick to me then. Try telling plod that when you're stopped
with 4 bald tyres.

Stopped by plod? More chance of winning the lottery.

Unless you ping their ANPR or are using a mobile phone
or act like you are under the influence, or are
carrying too many passengers or objects then there is
no reason to stop you.

I got pulled over for having a rusty wing a long time ago. On a
motorway, too.

Yes - some time ago you were far more likely to get stopped when driving a
car that looked to be a 'banger'.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *