Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using Firestone EPDM pond liner for flat garage roof.

Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

regards

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2018 18:12, Andrew wrote:
Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

regards

Andrew

No tried it but I recall seeing adverts for rubber type flat roof
coverings in various places. They were sold on being 'one piece' - so no
need to join.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2018 18:12, Andrew wrote:
Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

regards

Andrew

Chances are that it would overheat and self-destruct. When used in its
normal environment, it's kept cool by the pond water. On the top of a
shed, it wouldn't be!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 May 2018 18:12:43 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

regards

Andrew

The big gotcha is that it's not compatible in any way with bitumen, you can't even lay it on old bitumen according to the mfr (I forget which mfr). I suppose some other barrier sheet under it would fix that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/18 18:12, Andrew wrote:
Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

regards

Andrew

Ther exists a propber bonded UV proof rubber covering for flat rooves.

Why not use that?

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:

Chances are that it would overheat and self-destruct.

I used the firestone roofing EPDM on my garage roof, not sure what (if
any?) difference there is between roofing membrane and pond liner, it's
possible they have two markets for the same product ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2018 18:12, Andrew wrote:
Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

I used an offcut on the top of my 3x2m coal bunker and it has held up to
UV and sunshine ever since but I suspect it is close to the maximum size
without getting into thermal expansion issues. It has lasted somewhat
better than the classic roof covering it replaced which didn't really
get on with the flexure associated with opening and closing the lid.

I'd be wary of using pond liner on a roof since it isn't engineered to
stand up to that duty. ISTR there are variants which are on sale.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Wrote in message:
Has anyone done this ?.

Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't
sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints.

I would also need something to finish the top of the upstand on
three sides while the gutter end folds under somehow.

regards

Andrew

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/thre...nd-liner-just-
roofing.1340/