Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 12v electric engine oil vacuum pump

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

I can't answer your question but if you decide to get one, there are
many other ebay sellers offering them for less so you would be risking
less dosh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 2:04:33 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
fred wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

I can't answer your question but if you decide to get one, there are
many other ebay sellers offering them for less so you would be risking
less dosh.

I was just posting that link to illustrate what I meant. However on re-reading the listing I see it only claims 60l per hr at temperatures between 40-60c. My engine hold upwards of 20l and has to be run hot to extract the oile vie the dip tube. From past experience this can be hot enough to burn.

Back to the Pela type
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is what I call a long link. My god, Imagine dictating that to a blind
person!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"fred" wrote in message
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with hot
oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin explained on 14/05/2018 :
I can't answer your question but if you decide to get one, there are many
other ebay sellers offering them for less so you would be risking less dosh.

A used diesel fuel pump from a scrap car works well!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , fred
wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with
hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

Yes- they sort of work but are very slow. And the oil needs to be hot -
can't suck it if too thick.

Here, seemed like a good idea, but in practice just as easy to change it
the old fashioned way. If you work out a handy way of something to drain
it into then transfer to a container for disposal.

--
*I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
That is what I call a long link. My god, Imagine dictating that to a blind
person!

As usual, it could have been shortened

http://ebay.co.uk/itm/392013470232
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , fred
wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with
hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

Yes- they sort of work but are very slow. And the oil needs to be hot -
can't suck it if too thick.

Here, seemed like a good idea, but in practice just as easy to change it
the old fashioned way. If you work out a handy way of something to drain
it into then transfer to a container for disposal.

It's very good for starting bonfires!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 May 2018 18:04:30 UTC+1, wrote:
In article , fred
wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with
hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

Yes- they sort of work but are very slow. And the oil needs to be hot -
can't suck it if too thick.

Here, seemed like a good idea, but in practice just as easy to change it
the old fashioned way. If you work out a handy way of something to drain
it into then transfer to a container for disposal.

It's very good for starting bonfires!

It's even better used on fence posts instead of creosote.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with
hot oil ?

The specs say 60C, thats not that hot.

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

I've reported you to the RSPCDRRESW, you'll be soorree...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
That is what I call a long link. My god, Imagine dictating that to a blind
person!

Works just as well when shortened to
https://www.ebay.co.uk/it/Suction-Mo...e/392013470232
or even
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392013470232
but doesn’t work so well for the terminally paranoid.

"fred" wrote in message
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with
hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here, seemed like a good idea, but in practice just as easy to change it
the old fashioned way. If you work out a handy way of something to drain
it into then transfer to a container for disposal.

If you suck the oil out from the top you risk leaving sludge in the bottom.

Drain from the bottom, and the sludge comes out first - and is washed
down by the rest of the oil.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
Here, seemed like a good idea, but in practice just as easy to change
it the old fashioned way. If you work out a handy way of something to
drain it into then transfer to a container for disposal.

If you suck the oil out from the top you risk leaving sludge in the
bottom.

Drain from the bottom, and the sludge comes out first - and is washed
down by the rest of the oil.

I'd hope most on here would change their oil rather before sludge started
forming.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 3:57:39 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article , fred
wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suction-M....c100005.m1851

As seen on ebay

Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money. Will they cope with
hot oil ?

We destroyed the manual Pela suckling petrol through it :-(

Yes- they sort of work but are very slow. And the oil needs to be hot -
can't suck it if too thick.

Here, seemed like a good idea, but in practice just as easy to change it
the old fashioned way. If you work out a handy way of something to drain
it into then transfer to a container for disposal.

--
*I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Engine is in a boat !