Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Protecting/conditioning Oak dining table

Solid oak table - nothing fancy, but has served us well for many years.
Made up of separate blocks glued together.

It is located pretty closed to a window, and due to that and the
constant use over the years has now lost its shine. I am no expert on
the matter, but I believe that it was treated with some sort of oil when
we bought it - definitely not varnish.

Planning to give it a gentle sanding first, but What should I use to
treat it with please? Needs to be safe for food obviously.

TIA.

Best way to fix a cupped leaf on an old Oak dining room table. [email protected] Woodworking 1 September 22nd 06 03:10 PM
OAK DINING TABLE J T Woodworking 0 February 23rd 06 02:15 AM
dining room table oak finish [email protected] Woodworking 2 August 29th 05 04:00 PM
Oak Dining Table colin UK diy 14 March 15th 05 02:45 PM
Refinishing Old Oak Dining Room Table Never Enough Money Woodworking 0 February 24th 05 10:09 PM