Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problem with old swing doors

Victorian house, nice swing doors in hall with Climax hinges. Lefthand door is a little lower than the other one and swings a tiny bit too close to the other door so that they bash against each other rather than pass each other.

The top fitting is hanging down a bit as you can see on the photo.

What is the best was to adjust these? I'm hesitant to start dismantling them in case the spring explodes on me!

I can't work out what goes on with the pin at the top - it seems loose and moves up and down when I push the edge of the door towards the door frame.

The house was built in 1893 - surely these hinges aren't that old? I suspect the doors are though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1t3xouh99p...29.48.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0duim7j53z...30.07.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/byc6wi58bv...30.29.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxdlnrmizv...30.38.jpg?dl=0

Doors doors doors Ian[_6_] UK diy 8 July 19th 09 12:17 PM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Ownership 0 February 19th 09 08:45 AM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Repair 0 February 19th 09 08:41 AM
Composite Doors UK: Stable Doors, UPVC French Doors, ConcertinaDoors, Fibreglass Doors Modern Composite Doors Woodworking 0 April 24th 08 08:52 AM
doors doors doors, where to get big ones! Thomarse UK diy 18 July 20th 07 07:31 PM