Pete

Default Need B&Q Ivory Shaker 500mm door pack B - discontinued

Help - any ideas please how I can get a replacement
500mm B&Q Ivory Shaker door ?
The range is now discontinued & I can't find a replacement.
I've tried B&Q's diy.com / local B&Q stores / eBay & Web search.
Also tried B&Q Head office - but no replacement available.

The door was above the toaster & the toaster has melted the door
coating. I'm surprised 'cos it's about 40com between toaster
& door.

Any ideas appreciated
Thanks

Johnny

"Pete" wrote in message
m...
Help - any ideas please how I can get a replacement
500mm B&Q Ivory Shaker door ?
The range is now discontinued & I can't find a replacement.
I've tried B&Q's diy.com / local B&Q stores / eBay & Web search.
Also tried B&Q Head office - but no replacement available.

The door was above the toaster & the toaster has melted the door
coating. I'm surprised 'cos it's about 40com between toaster
& door.

Any ideas appreciated
Thanks

I'm no expert with B&Q but Focus stores have a facility to request stores
check to see if they have stock of any item, which can then be transferred
via their own distribution centre trucks or sending direct to the customer.
Perhaps B&Q can do the same for you? Suppose it depends on how helpful your
local store is (OK OK anyone reading this is now thinking "not very!")

HTH

Andy Hall

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:48:40 -0000, "Johnny"
wrote:

"Pete" wrote in message
om...
[...]

B&Q will search other stores if you go to the customer service desk
and they are not too busy.

However, when items are discontinued, they generally fire sale the
bits and bobs and put in the new range.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
adder

Andy Hall wrote in message
B&Q will search other stores if you go to the customer service desk
and they are not too busy.

However, when items are discontinued, they generally fire sale the
bits and bobs and put in the new range.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

It seems to me that often the discontinued stuff gets moved from the
smaller regular branches to a large superstore. You might want to
look up at the storage sheleves as well as on the accessible levels.
It's difficult enough finding all the doors you need even when they
are the current run.

Christian McArdle

B&Q will search other stores if you go to the customer service desk
and they are not too busy.

However, when items are discontinued, they generally fire sale the
bits and bobs and put in the new range.

In the past, B&Q have designated certain stores to stock the remaining
discontinued bits, so they are all in one place. Of course, if B&Q say they
have sold it all, then you may not be lucky.

Christian.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Help - any ideas please how I can get a replacement
500mm B&Q Ivory Shaker door ?
The range is now discontinued & I can't find a replacement.
I've tried B&Q's diy.com / local B&Q stores / eBay & Web search.
Also tried B&Q Head office - but no replacement available.

The door was above the toaster & the toaster has melted the door
coating. I'm surprised 'cos it's about 40com between toaster
& door.

Any ideas appreciated
Thanks
Hi If you are still interested in the door - We are changinging ours and would therefore have a selection you can choose from. The doors have been fitted with a single round knob so has a small hole. Providing off course this works with your door handles, you are welcome to any. Please let me know by email