Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Frozen gas pipes?!

I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

--
Why is the front of an aeroplane called a cockpit?
If you have female pilots do you call it a pussypit?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Now how did I guess it was you before i listened to the sender.
I think really unlikely the gas will freeze but the earth can and fracture
gas pipes.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

--
Why is the front of an aeroplane called a cockpit?
If you have female pilots do you call it a pussypit?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 26/04/2018 15:13, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

A lot lower than the moisture in it.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 15:13:12 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the abnormal attention-starved cretin's attention-baiting BULL****
unread again

--
about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
trolling:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Idiot Alert!

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:06:15 +0100, Nightjar, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding idiot, blathered:

A lot lower than the moisture in it.

The retarded troll thanks you for the attention you gave him, troll-feeding
idiot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:01:27 +0100, Brian Gaff, the obviously mentally
deficient, troll-feeding moron, blathered again:

Now how did I guess it was you before i listened to the sender.

That's because trolls and their troll-feeding idiots enjoy some sort of
"symbiotic" relation****, troll-feeding idiot!

FLUSH the rest of your troll-fodder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I still can't see that as something the average EDF customer would worry about.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:01:27 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Now how did I guess it was you before i listened to the sender.
I think really unlikely the gas will freeze but the earth can and fracture
gas pipes.
Brian

--
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
"When a prang seems inevitable, endeavour to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:06:15 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 26/04/2018 15:13, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

A lot lower than the moisture in it.

Should there be moisture in it?

--
For centuries, the English have had a love affair with all types of hunting. Early one morning, a fellow was blasting away at a clump of brush on a grouse hunt.
Suddenly an outraged gentleman appeared and said "See here old man, you almost shot my wife with that volley."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/26/2018 10:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

Water can get into gas pipes and accumulate in low spots. Just as
piping has a drip let at vertical elbows.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

There is always some moisture in gas. However, not a lot. However when gas
pipes of an older type run through clay, often they can rust and have holes,
and moisture gets in even though the clay is so dense the supply continues.
If you look at council web sites around the country especially in the SE,
you will find a huge program of gas main replacement to cope with the pipe
issues.
This is being done around here by Southern Gas Networks and according to
the blokes doing it rusty leaky pipes have been in use for years, Indeed I
have no gas in my house so when it came to attempting to put their pretty
yellow pipes through the old ones they found many house spurs had in fact
completely rusted through. They just plugged up mine as I did not have any
gas devices. However they did give me a bit of the pipe and it was wafer
thin in places and mostly made of rust. The use was built in 1939, so you
can see how bad older pipes might be.
Brian

--
----- -
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile Yanks Alert! LOL

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 22:25:07 -0400, Ed Pawlowski, the notorious,
troll-feeding retard, blabbered:

Water can get into gas pipes and accumulate in low spots. Just as
piping has a drip let at vertical elbows.

And troll-feeding idiot no.2 couldn't resist the abnormal Scottish sow's
latest idiotic bait! G
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:32:39 +0100, Brian Gaff, the obviously mentally
deficient, troll-feeding moron, blathered again:

There is always some moisture in gas.

There is obviously too much of that in your head, troll-feeding moron!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
GB GB is offline

On 26/04/2018 17:06, Nightjar wrote:
On 26/04/2018 15:13, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

A lot lower than the moisture in it.

How much moisture is there in the gas supply? Are we talking about hours
to ice up a pipe, or months?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 04/27/2018 07:13 AM, GB wrote:
On 26/04/2018 17:06, Nightjar wrote:
On 26/04/2018 15:13, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

A lot lower than the moisture in it.

How much moisture is there in the gas supply? Are we talking about hours to ice up a pipe, or months?

I had a NG regulator (before the meter) freeze and stop the flow of NG.* Fix was to slowly pour hot water over it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 03:25:07 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/26/2018 10:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

Water can get into gas pipes and accumulate in low spots. Just as
piping has a drip let at vertical elbows.

How does it let water out but not gas?

--
Man who walk through turnstyle sideways going to bangkok!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There's certainly been a lot of gas mains replaced around here in central Scotland recently. I just assumed they were old and rusty, or getting damaged by vibrations from traffic.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:32:39 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

A bird in the hand is always greener than the grass under the other guy's bushes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2018 11:49 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 03:25:07 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/26/2018 10:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

Water can get into gas pipes and accumulate in low spots.* Just as
piping has a drip let at vertical elbows.

How does it let water out but not gas?

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let"; it's just a collection point
that keeps the condensate/entrained water have a place to go out of the
main line into the appliance; not an automatic outlet.

And, yes, gas supplies are _supposed_ to be essentially dry; it's an
insurance policy for the inevitable case where for some reason some
moisture is introduced into the system by whatever means; could be as
simple as having to opened the system somewhere else for maintenance.

Here, where many rural residences are on direct wellhead taps or a tap
off of a collection line, it's a much bigger issue than "the gas
company" commercial distribution most are undoubtedly thinking of, but
still "stuff happens" even with them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Yanks Alert! LOL

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 13:01:04 -0500, dpb, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding Yankietard, blabbered:

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let";

I'm pretty sure you are yet another needy, senile, troll-feeding Yankietard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2018 2:01 PM, dpb wrote:

How does it let water out but not gas?

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let"; it's just a collection point
that keeps the condensate/entrained water have a place to go out of the
main line into the appliance; not an automatic outlet.

Correct. Instead of an elbow at 90 degree turn, they use a Tee and the
bottom has a short nipple and cap. Traps anything moving in the pipe,
liquid or solid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 27/04/2018 12:13, GB wrote:
On 26/04/2018 17:06, Nightjar wrote:
On 26/04/2018 15:13, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my
electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF).

Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?

A lot lower than the moisture in it.

How much moisture is there in the gas supply? Are we talking about hours
to ice up a pipe, or months?

No idea. I only know that some is expected.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Water is a ****ing nuisance and should be outlawed.

--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 03:39:59 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/28/2018 2:01 PM, dpb wrote:

How does it let water out but not gas?

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let"; it's just a collection point
that keeps the condensate/entrained water have a place to go out of the
main line into the appliance; not an automatic outlet.

Correct. Instead of an elbow at 90 degree turn, they use a Tee and the
bottom has a short nipple and cap. Traps anything moving in the pipe,
liquid or solid.

I take it someone has to milk the nipple every so often.

--
If only women came with pull-down menus and on-line help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2018 2:01 PM, dpb wrote:

How does it let water out but not gas?

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let"; it's just a collection point
that keeps the condensate/entrained water have a place to go out of the
main line into the appliance; not an automatic outlet.

Correct.* Instead of an elbow at* 90 degree turn, they use a Tee and the
bottom has a short nipple and cap.* Traps anything moving in the pipe,
liquid or solid.

I take it someone has to milk the nipple every so often.

No, I've take them apart after years and found a little dust. Even on
industrial with 4" feed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2018 2:01 PM, dpb wrote:

How does it let water out but not gas?

I'm pretty sure Ed meant "leg" not "let"; it's just a collection point
that keeps the condensate/entrained water have a place to go out of the
main line into the appliance; not an automatic outlet.

Correct. Instead of an elbow at 90 degree turn, they use a Tee and the
bottom has a short nipple and cap. Traps anything moving in the pipe,
liquid or solid.

I take it someone has to milk the nipple every so often.

No, I've take them apart after years and found a little dust. Even on
industrial with 4" feed.

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

--
"Oh, Jason, take me!" she panted, her breasts heaving like a student on 31p-a-pint night.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con. Remember, insurance companies make a profit....

--
Six stages of married life:
1: Tri-weekly
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2018 7:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con.* Remember, insurance companies make a profit....

Only if you can afford to rebuild your house after the fire without
insurance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 15:38:56 +0100, Bob F wrote:

On 4/29/2018 7:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con. Remember, insurance companies make a profit....

Only if you can afford to rebuild your house after the fire without
insurance.

But it's not likely to happen. Look at the odds. What percentage of the value of your house do you pay to the insurance company? Now on average they make a profit, so the chances of actually needing a full payout must be virtually nothing.

--
Mary's lamb had foot and mouth.
The vet he came and shot it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2018 7:58 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 15:38:56 +0100, Bob F wrote:

On 4/29/2018 7:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con.* Remember, insurance companies make a profit....

Only if you can afford to rebuild your house after the fire without
insurance.

But it's not likely to happen.* Look at the odds.* What percentage of
the value of your house do you pay to the insurance company?* Now on
average they make a profit, so the chances of actually needing a full
payout must be virtually nothing.

Do you actually OWN a home? Do you have the money to replace it? If it
burns down, will you ever be able to own one again?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 08:43:18 -0500, dpb, yet another idiotic, troll-feeding
Yankietard, blabbered:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Troll-feeding morons like you are necessary after every idiotic troll post,
eh, Yankietard?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 07:38:56 -0700, Bob F, the mentally deficient,
troll-feeding Yankietard, blabbered again:

Only if you can afford to rebuild your house after the fire without
insurance.

Yes, keep "arguing" with the village idiot, idiot! VBG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 08:15:09 -0700, Bob F, the mentally deficient,
troll-feeding Yankietard, blabbered again:

Do you actually OWN a home? Do you have the money to replace it? If it
burns down, will you ever be able to own one again?

AH! That's the kind of feedback the attention whore loves to hear, you
troll-feeding retard! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 09:08:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski, the notorious,
troll-feeding retard, blabbered:

No, I've take them apart after years and found a little dust. Even on
industrial with 4" feed.

Idiot! You KNOW why! BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2018 07:30 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

[snip]

Water is a ****ing nuisance and should be outlawed.

"Its a byproduct of many industrial processes. It gets in our lakes and
rivers. Anyone who has contact with it dies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2018 09:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con.* Remember, insurance companies make a profit....

Also gambling, where the only way to win is to lose.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 11:36:59 -0500, Sam E, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding Yankietard, blathered:

Also gambling, where the only way to win is to lose.

Like feeding trolls, where the idiotic feeder can ONLY lose, eh,
troll-feeding idiot?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Gay ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 13:30:20 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Water is a ****ing nuisance and should be outlawed.

You are talking about yourself, sociopathic cretin.

--
Gay ****** Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson") even better at ****ting than
everyone else (LOL):
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/29/2018 7:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con. Remember, insurance companies make a
profit....

Only if you can afford to rebuild your house after the fire without
insurance.

But it's not likely to happen. Look at the odds. What percentage of
the value of your house do you pay to the insurance company? Now on
average they make a profit, so the chances of actually needing a
full payout must be virtually nothing.

Do you actually OWN a home? Do you have the money to replace it? If
it burns down, will you ever be able to own one again?

Why are you arguing with a troll?

Applause!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2018-04-29, Bob F wrote:
On 4/29/2018 7:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:43:18 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 4/29/2018 8:36 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

So it wasn't really necessary to have it there.

Insurance is only necessary after the fire, too...

Insurance is a con. Remember, insurance companies make a profit....

Only if you can afford to rebuild your house after the fire without
insurance.

Besides, why would you take financial advice from a moronic,
nym-shifting troll?

More applause!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 11:34:46 -0500, notX, obviously another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding Yankietard, blabbered:

Water is a ****ing nuisance and should be outlawed.

"Its a byproduct of many industrial processes. It gets in our lakes and
rivers. Anyone who has contact with it dies."

Yes, THAT's the kind of feedback the attention-starved Scottish sow keeps
expecting of you senile Yankietards! LOL