Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some actual DIY, bagpipe followup

Regular readers may recall, the service valve multiplication:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...erBagpipes.png

Enough tuits were finally captured to turn it back into a bathroom:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...rFinished1.png

Although the theme for the room was moderately contemporary[1], I
decided that polished Walnut would actually fit into the colour scheme
quite nicely. So starting with the pipe section boxed in to make for a
shallow cupboard, capping it with a Walnut top and windowsill:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...hedCloseup.png

Alas that used all my spare wood, but then I thought I would carry on
the same theme for some dinky access doors:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ornerDoor1.png
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ornerDoor2.png

So I had to buy another board (Turns out that since I bought the last
walnut plank when it was *kin expensive, its even more now!)

Construction was mostly done on the table saw to create simple cope and
stick joinery, and then the floating panels were made from a resawn and
book matched board.

Finish was 4 or 5 coats of Danish oil, then a dark black bison wax
applied with 0000 wire wool and then buffed to a satin shine.

[1] Although forgoing the yard square tiles or (shudder) metro tiles
that seem so popular at the moment.

(just need to paint the ceiling, and stain the (custom made)
architraves, then that job can be called done)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/18 02:03, John Rumm wrote:

[...]

John, I can see that your project is of the usual high quality, bloody
irritating standard. However, I'm calling this post "fake news" on the
basis that there is no bath visible in the photos.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2018 06:34, Richard wrote:
On 20/04/18 02:03, John Rumm wrote:

Regular readers may recall, the service valve multiplication:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...rFinished1.png

John, I can see that your project is of the usual high quality, bloody
irritating standard.

Thank you... I think!

However, I'm calling this post "fake news" on
the basis that there is no bath visible in the photos.

ok, happy now?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ShowerBath.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 11:28:02 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 20/04/2018 06:34, Richard wrote:
On 20/04/18 02:03, John Rumm wrote:

Regular readers may recall, the service valve multiplication:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...rFinished1.png

John, I can see that your project is of the usual high quality, bloody
irritating standard.

Thank you... I think!

However, I'm calling this post "fake news" on the basis that there is
no bath visible in the photos.

ok, happy now?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ShowerBath.jpg

Now I'm even more irritated