Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lion logo

I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc) is a
logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag pole with a
banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the early 1980s. Looks
similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs. Anyone remember what it
signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly some trade or export award?

--
*A dog's not just for Christmas, it's alright on a Friday night too*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc) is a
logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag pole with a
banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the early 1980s. Looks
similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs. Anyone remember what it
signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly some trade or export award?

Possibly but it might just be a company logo.

https://goo.gl/images/xtS5BP

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim+ wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc) is a
logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag pole with a
banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the early 1980s. Looks
similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs. Anyone remember what it
signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly some trade or export award?

Possibly but it might just be a company logo.

https://goo.gl/images/xtS5BP

The lion on mine is standing up on its rear legs. Rampant?

Thought I'd found them all on Google. ;-)

--
*Be more or less specific *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

You are aware that the goo.gl link shortener is going the way of the dodo
soon I assume?

Existing links will keep working ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc) is a
logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag pole with a
banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the early 1980s. Looks
similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs. Anyone remember what it
signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly some trade or export award?

Have you searched the IPO's register of trademarks?

If that does give an answer it might help if you told us what the manual
is about and shared the image; or failing the latter at least told us
what sort of heraldic lion (rampant, couchant, etc) and whether the pole
carries a square or rectangular banner, or perhaps a pennon or...

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
I've been tiding up a manual I have - it's a pretty poor photo copy.

Maker long since gone.

At the bottom of the front page (next to the list of directors, etc)
is a logo of what looks to be a heraldic lion holding on to a flag
pole with a banner at the top. Totally unreadable. Dates from the
early 1980s. Looks similar to the lion that was stamped on eggs.
Anyone remember what it signified? It's not the company logo. Possibly
some trade or export award?

Have you searched the IPO's register of trademarks?

If that does give an answer it might help if you told us what the manual
is about and shared the image; or failing the latter at least told us
what sort of heraldic lion (rampant, couchant, etc) and whether the pole
carries a square or rectangular banner, or perhaps a pennon or...

I don't think is is a trademark. I *think* I've seen it used elsewhere, so
perhaps a trade body one or award, etc.

The manual is for a loudspeaker made by Rogers,

--
*I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
[...]

This looks like your decription:
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-ima...-image35934321
One of the sites says text can be added to the blank flag, so yours
might say "Made in Britain"
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2018 12:10, Dave W wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Robin wrote:
[...]

He said upthread it was "rampant" which that aten't. But did not give
other obvious inf. Can't help thinking a picture would be worth a 1,000
words.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
He said upthread it was "rampant" which that aten't. But did not give
other obvious inf. Can't help thinking a picture would be worth a 1,000
words.

OK then. I'll expect instant recognition of it after the effort of doing
this. ;-)

https://image.ibb.co/eRd9mn/Lion.jpg

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave W wrote:
This looks like your decription:
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-ima...-image35934321
One of the sites says text can be added to the blank flag, so yours
might say "Made in Britain"

To me, that is more a real lion than heraldic one.

And in mine, the lion is standing upright on its hind legs holding on to
the flagpole - rather like a human might do. The banner is also a simple
rectangle designed for easy text (I'd say) rather than meant to look like
a real one. Something designed long before computer graphics became the
norm.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave W wrote:
This looks like your decription:
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-ima...-image35934321
One of the sites says text can be added to the blank flag, so yours
might say "Made in Britain"

To me, that is more a real lion than heraldic one.

And in mine, the lion is standing upright on its hind legs holding on to
the flagpole - rather like a human might do. The banner is also a simple
rectangle designed for easy text (I'd say) rather than meant to look like
a real one. Something designed long before computer graphics became the
norm.

I have a near match but with the lower legs sawn off. Salford Grammar
School logo had a lion in a not dissimilar pose to your lion.

http://www.oldsalfordians.co.uk/The_Old_Salfox.html

Bit pixelated so hard to tell really.

--
Regards,