Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom Light and Switch

I visited my daughter in Edinburgh at the weekend and found some
strange wiring.

There were three red conductors attached to the pull switch.
Although I didn'tdisconnect the conductors to check the
markings, there was one terminal to one side of the switch and
two toward the other side.
So I was thinking that this is probably a two way pull switch with
a single common terminal and L1 and L2.
But, when I checked the behaviour of the connections, it appeared
that the constant live was connected to L1, the switched live to
common and the third red conductor attached to L2 didn't show as
live whatever the switch position.

All I can think is that the switch has been incorrectly wired.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Phil
--