DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DPD parcel. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/606587-dpd-parcel.html)

Dave Plowman (News) March 7th 18 04:06 PM

DPD parcel.

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office.

Think they must be part of City Link. Where the only way you could pay was
with an account or cheque, when sending a parcel.

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Tim Watts[_3_] March 7th 18 04:14 PM

DPD parcel.

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

That's weird - you can normally do that on the website.

Tim+[_5_] March 7th 18 05:16 PM

DPD parcel.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office.

Weird. Ive always found that DPD are virtually falling over themselves to
offer you as many ways of rescheduling a deliver as possible (short of
semaphore and carrier pigeon).

SMS, email, web portal, phone etc.

Would I be right in thinking you didnt leave a mobile number with whoever
you ordered from? Not sure why that should affect web based solutions but I
always get heaps of texts and emails with helpful links to reschedule.

Definitely my favourite delivery company by a long chalk.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Richard[_10_] March 7th 18 05:27 PM

DPD parcel.

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office.

Think they must be part of City Link. Where the only way you could pay was
with an account or cheque, when sending a parcel.

Link to the download?

Andy Burns[_13_] March 7th 18 05:31 PM

DPD parcel.

Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Andy Burns[_13_] March 7th 18 05:33 PM

DPD parcel.

Andy Burns wrote:

How's your anti-virus?
https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

You said you don't follow links, maybe you should this one ...

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] March 7th 18 06:28 PM

DPD parcel.

On 07/03/18 17:33, Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

How's your anti-virus?
https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

You said you don't follow links, maybe you should this one ...

Plow**** fell for it!

Of course they insist on Genuine WORD. The macro virsues won't work in
Libre office

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"

Tim+[_5_] March 7th 18 06:37 PM

DPD parcel.

Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Oh dear, sounds like Dave may have been hoodwinked.

I do have to wonder why he wasnt more suspicious of a requirement for
software to open a link. Would have set my alarm bells ringing.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

The Other Mike[_3_] March 7th 18 10:52 PM

DPD parcel.

On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 16:06:50 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office.

Think they must be part of City Link. Where the only way you could pay was
with an account or cheque, when sending a parcel.

HAL 9000: Just what do you think you're doing Dave?

Dave Plowman (News) March 7th 18 11:37 PM

DPD parcel.

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out.
Fairy nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download
the appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to
arrange to collect it.

Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office.

Weird. I‘ve always found that DPD are virtually falling over themselves
to offer you as many ways of rescheduling a deliver as possible (short
of semaphore and carrier pigeon).

SMS, email, web portal, phone etc.

Would I be right in thinking you didn‘t leave a mobile number with
whoever you ordered from? Not sure why that should affect web based
solutions but I always get heaps of texts and emails with helpful links
to reschedule.

I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China. Given it was ordered up before Xmas. So all
they likely have is my email address.

All I did was click on the link they provided in their email. This is what
they sent:-

*********

Your order was due for delivery on March 05, 2018 On the morning of
March 05, 2018 we attempted to deliver your parcel. Unfortunately we were
unable to complete the delivery as no one was available to sign for your
parcel. Please ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery
Your parcel is now safely at our depot. You can choose to pick up your
parcel at your local depot or rearrange delivery.If choose the redelivery
option of your item and you'll be out, it's not a problem: you have a
range of 'in-flight' options such as changing your delivery date,
collecting from your nearest DPD Pickup Shop, asking us to deliver to your
preferred neighbour or arranging to have your order delivered to a safe
place at your address. Just click below to choose: Find My Parcel
Thank you for choosing DPD.

********

No mention of a consignment number, and clicking on the link got to a page
where the only option was to download a form to arrange for re-delivery or
collection in person. Which has no functionality if opened with Open
Office - and says you have to use Microsoft Office, which I don't have.

Definitely my favourite delivery company by a long chalk.

I've no experience of them. But most post a card giving details of how to
collect or whatever, if you're out. And most also send you an email giving
a window when it will be delivered. Before attempting it.

I've messaged them via their site. They don't appear to have a free phone
number.

*War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Dave Plowman (News) March 7th 18 11:52 PM

DPD parcel.

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out.
Fairy nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download
the appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to
arrange to collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Oh dear, sounds like Dave may have been hoodwinked.

Rather obviously not. If they had succeeded, I'd be posting a warning.

I do have to wonder why he wasn‘t more suspicious of a requirement for
software to open a link. Would have set my alarm bells ringing.

The URL to the download page looked far more genuine than the norm for
phishing attempts.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman (News) March 7th 18 11:53 PM

DPD parcel.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out.
Fairy nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download
the appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to
arrange to collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Are you saying that virus will effect a RISC OS computer? ;-)

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman (News) March 8th 18 12:08 AM

DPD parcel.

Andy Burns wrote:

How's your anti-virus?
https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

You said you don't follow links, maybe you should this one ...

Plow**** fell for it!

And Turnip has jumped on the bandwagon after Andy has explained things.
Absolutely par for the course. ;-)

Of course they insist on Genuine WORD. The macro virsues won't work in
Libre office

You've been to the site to know what they asked for, then?

--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Fredxx[_3_] March 8th 18 12:35 AM

DPD parcel.

On 07/03/2018 18:37, Tim+ wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out. Fairy
nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download the
appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to arrange to
collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Oh dear, sounds like Dave may have been hoodwinked.

I do have to wonder why he wasnt more suspicious of a requirement for
software to open a link. Would have set my alarm bells ringing.

Yes, its a Remoan trait.

Anyone of modest knowledgable would know that Word can contain trojans.

Usually the link is another clue.

Fredxx[_3_] March 8th 18 12:35 AM

DPD parcel.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out.
Fairy nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download
the appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to
arrange to collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Are you saying that virus will effect a RISC OS computer? ;-)

Like ARM? Most definitely yes.

Dave Plowman (News) March 8th 18 12:43 AM

DPD parcel.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Anyone of modest knowledgable would know that Word can contain trojans.

Why? I don't use or need Word for anything.

And it looks like I'm wise not to.

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*

Dave Plowman (News) March 8th 18 12:45 AM

DPD parcel.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Got an email from them saying they'd tried to deliver and I was out.
Fairy nuff.

It took you to their site where you need Microsoft Office to download
the appropriate form to either have it re-delivered or for you to
arrange to collect it.

How's your anti-virus?

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/fake-dpd-get-your-package-delivers-malware/

Are you saying that virus will effect a RISC OS computer? ;-)

Like ARM? Most definitely yes.

Stick to discussing Word. More your forte.

--
*Most people have more than the average number of legs*

Tim+[_5_] March 8th 18 02:54 AM

DPD parcel.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
[...]

You still seem to think its genuine. Sending out links to office documents
is NOT DPDs method of operation.

[...]

Suspicious.

and clicking on the link got to a page
where the only option was to download a form to arrange for re-delivery or
collection in person.

Very suspicious.

Which has no functionality if opened with Open
Office - and says you have to use Microsoft Office, which I don't have.

Exceedingly suspicious.

Definitely my favourite delivery company by a long chalk.

I've no experience of them. But most post a card giving details of how to
collect or whatever, if you're out. And most also send you an email giving
a window when it will be delivered. Before attempting it.

Thats how DPD work with the addition of regular SMS messages confirming
delivery time and rescheduling options.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Brian Gaff March 8th 18 07:13 AM

DPD parcel.

That could be seen as discrimination.
many people use google Docs and have no office suite on their machines and
what about people using tablets?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Brian Gaff March 8th 18 07:15 AM

DPD parcel.

I had a message from one carrier asking me to use some function on my I
phone to scan something or other, however I don't have a smart phone so
ended up talking to some chimp at their office who sounded like he had just
arrived from Latvia with three words of English.

Brian

--
----- -

Andy Burns[_13_] March 8th 18 07:19 AM

DPD parcel.

Brian Gaff wrote:

That could be seen as discrimination.

Equal viruses for all ...

Andy Burns[_13_] March 8th 18 09:54 AM

DPD parcel.

Dave Plowman wrote:

I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China.

IME /all/ cheap stuff from China comes via the postie, so DPD would be a
red flag.

But that's how these phishing expeditions work, at any given time a good
proportion of people are waiting for something to arrive, so they rely
on the random recipient making a spurious connection to the supposed
delivery attempt, and click ...

Marland March 8th 18 10:32 AM

DPD parcel.

Weird. Ive always found that DPD are virtually falling over themselves to
offer you as many ways of rescheduling a deliver as possible (short of
semaphore and carrier pigeon).

SMS, email, web portal, phone etc.

Definitely my favourite delivery company by a long chalk.

Tim

Separate issue to the OPs problem but there are two divisions of DPD around
now.
DPD took over Interliink Express and they now trade as DPD local.
Thief vans have a the DPD logo in blue.
The older DPD concerns itself with more commercial/larger customers and
still use vans with the DPD in Red.
Both have been reliable when delivering to me but it did seem strange to
have two deliveries from them one day but asking the 2nd driver he in a red
van had come from a lot further away.

GH

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] March 8th 18 10:38 AM

DPD parcel.

On 08/03/18 10:32, Marland wrote:
Thief vans have a the DPD logo in blue.

That's handy to know.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Dave Plowman (News) March 8th 18 10:56 AM

DPD parcel.

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China. Given it was ordered up before Xmas. So all
they likely have is my email address.

You still seem to think its genuine. Sending out links to office
documents is NOT DPDs method of operation.

I know different now. ;-)

I'm quite used to various phishing attempts but can't really see the point
of this one - unlike those who try and get access to your bank details,
etc. How did 'they' expect to profit by it?

Add to that I was expecting an 'odd' delivery this week (which still
hasn't arrived) which could come by any method.

And of course then giving the day and morning when I just happened to be
out. And them having believable URLs etc.

So I'll give them 6/10 for the attempt. ;-)

--
*I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Dave Plowman (News) March 8th 18 11:06 AM

DPD parcel.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China.

IME /all/ cheap stuff from China comes via the postie, so DPD would be a
red flag.

That's what I've had before too.

But that's how these phishing expeditions work, at any given time a good
proportion of people are waiting for something to arrive, so they rely
on the random recipient making a spurious connection to the supposed
delivery attempt, and click ...

They were very lucky to hit on a day and time which satisfied me it was
genuine. And on their first attmept. Lots of coincidences working in their
favour.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Andy Burns[_13_] March 8th 18 11:13 AM

DPD parcel.

Dave Plowman wrote:

How did 'they' expect to profit by it?

If you were running Windows, it'd install their malware, which could
then do anything from mining crypto-currency using your electricity, to
searching for account details stored on your machine, or order **** from
any websites you happen to remain logged in on, or "like" the facetwit
pages of people who've paid to increase their likes.

Chris Green March 8th 18 11:20 AM

DPD parcel.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China. Given it was ordered up before Xmas. So all
they likely have is my email address.

You still seem to think its genuine. Sending out links to office
documents is NOT DPDs method of operation.

I know different now. ;-)

I'm quite used to various phishing attempts but can't really see the point
of this one - unlike those who try and get access to your bank details,
etc. How did 'they' expect to profit by it?

They get you to execute somemalicious macro in Word and infect your
computer.

Add to that I was expecting an 'odd' delivery this week (which still
hasn't arrived) which could come by any method.

This really bugs me, *why* can't genuine E-Mails from delivery firms
(and/or the suppliers using them) specify what you have bought? I buy
a lot on line and I'm for ever having to guess what any particular
E-Mail is about.

--
Chris Green
·

JoeJoe March 8th 18 11:47 AM

DPD parcel.

On 08/03/2018 02:54, Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
[...]

He also thinks that Corbyn is a lovely, friendly, peace-loving, economic
master, granddad. What do you expect?

Dave Plowman (News) March 8th 18 02:39 PM

DPD parcel.

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
Very true, given it caught me out. ;-)

Only because you're one of the circa 20% who don't have "Word"
installed. Presumably they're not too bothered about missing
out on the odd skinflint, here and there.

Why do you say it's being a skinflint not buying a prog I've no need for?
If I'd ever found I needed it, I'd have bought it.

Thought you'd have realised that by my first post. ;-)

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

michael adams[_12_] March 8th 18 05:28 PM

DPD parcel.

michael adams wrote:
Very true, given it caught me out. ;-)

Only because you're one of the circa 20% who don't have "Word"
installed. Presumably they're not too bothered about missing
out on the odd skinflint, here and there.

Why do you say it's being a skinflint not buying a prog I've no need for?
If I'd ever found I needed it, I'd have bought it.

Thought you'd have realised that by my first post. ;-)

Exactly the opposite. In your first post you explain

" Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office."

Implying that you use either Open Office or Libra Office.
Or both.

So that you use two suites of programs which mirror the
functionality of Microsoft Office as closely as possible -
even to the extent of using the name "Office" in their title,
but don't want to have to pay anything for them. I take it
you do know what the word "Libre" actually means ?

Then comes the "virtue signalling" of how evil Micro$oft
are, and how rubbish all their software is, Windoze
especially; all of which of course has nothing whatsoever
to do with being too tight to actually fork out any money,
if this can possibly be avoided.

Bill was perfectly correct in his statement to the Homebrew
Computer Club and he's been right ever since.

michael adams

Bob Eager[_5_] March 8th 18 07:22 PM

DPD parcel.

michael adams wrote:
Very true, given it caught me out. ;-)

Only because you're one of the circa 20% who don't have "Word"
installed. Presumably they're not too bothered about missing out on
the odd skinflint, here and there.

Why do you say it's being a skinflint not buying a prog I've no need
for?
If I'd ever found I needed it, I'd have bought it.

Thought you'd have realised that by my first post. ;-)

Exactly the opposite. In your first post you explain

" Not Open Office or Libra Office - only Microsoft Office."

Implying that you use either Open Office or Libra Office.
Or both.

It implied nothing of the sort. And, indeed, Dave later says:

"No mention of a consignment number, and clicking on the link got to a
page
where the only option was to download a form to arrange for re-delivery or
collection in person. Which has no functionality if opened with Open
Office - and says you have to use Microsoft Office, which I don't have."

The clue is in "it says..."

michael adams[_12_] March 8th 18 07:34 PM

DPD parcel.

michael adams wrote:
[...]

Er no. The clue is in "Which has no functionality if opened with Open Office"

How exactly would Dave know it has "no functionality if opened with Open Office"
unless he'd actually tried ? Unless he had Open Office installed ?

As it happens I hadn't actually noticed that detail, so thanks for bringing it to
my attention.

So rather than simply "implying" that Dave has Open Ofice, he actually "confirms"
the fact in his post.

michael adams

michael adams[_12_] March 8th 18 07:38 PM

DPD parcel.

michael adams wrote:
[...]

What does his cock taste like, Michael?

Right. So by spending your whole career working for nothing,
writing free software for others to profit by, not only
have you been flagrantly disregarding Bill's advice, but
you've been fanatasising about his cock.

michael adams

Chris Bartram[_2_] March 8th 18 07:55 PM

DPD parcel.

On 08/03/18 12:10, Huge wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China. Given it was ordered up before Xmas. So all
they likely have is my email address.

You still seem to think its genuine. Sending out links to office
documents is NOT DPDs method of operation.

I know different now. ;-)

I'm quite used to various phishing attempts but can't really see the point
of this one - unlike those who try and get access to your bank details,
etc. How did 'they' expect to profit by it?

Microsoft products have a built-in programming language (VB for Applications,
I believe) where an apparently innocuous Office document can have a program
embedded in it. Opening the document runs the program.

Yet another ****ing Stupid Idea from SmallNFloppy.

Had one at work recently that got past our (fairly substantial)
anti-spam and anti-malware defences, with a word document you had to
download from one of those file-sharing sites (yousendit, or something
****ty like that). Was fully expecting the macro-infested word doc, so I
found an old PC in the disposal pile, left it not networked, turned off
the AV, and opened the attachment, with macro execution allowed.

Result? Nothing. In the end, it was just a picture in a word doc, with
some advertising. I was quite disappointed. The last one I had had one
of those file-encryption things in it, which was quite fun.

Dennis@home March 8th 18 08:33 PM

DPD parcel.

On 08/03/2018 11:13, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

How did 'they' expect to profit by it?

If you were running Windows, it'd install their malware, which could
then do anything from mining crypto-currency using your electricity, to
searching for account details stored on your machine, or order **** from
any websites you happen to remain logged in on, or "like" the facetwit
pages of people who've paid to increase their likes.

I think you will find the latest versions of word won't run a macro
unless you tell it it can and even then there is still some protection.

Old versions on XP may well do something nasty, but as they aren't
supported its the users fault. They should either buy new stuff or use
the free versions on office.com and save themselves a lot of trouble.
The free versions wont run macros IIRC and even if they do they aren't
running on your machine.

Dennis@home March 8th 18 08:34 PM

DPD parcel.

On 08/03/2018 09:54, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

I think it's some stuff I ordered from Ebay which said UK based but is
actually coming from China.

IME /all/ cheap stuff from China comes via the postie, so DPD would be a
red flag.

Not just cheap stuff, my laser cutter arrived in the post.

Andy Burns[_13_] March 8th 18 09:46 PM

DPD parcel.

dennis@home wrote:

I think you will find the latest versions of word won't run a macro
unless you tell it it can

And the scammers know that, which is why they come up with
semi-plausible reasons to try to convince you click the "enable macros"
button ...

michael adams[_12_] March 8th 18 10:00 PM

DPD parcel.

On 2018-03-08, michael adams wrote:

[22 lines snipped]

So that you use two suites of programs which mirror the
functionality of Microsoft Office as closely as possible -

MS Office of course having been stolen from the Xerox Document
Editor in the first place.

Oh yes the world beating Xerox Document Editor. Which nobody
apart from embittered former employees with very long memories
has ever even heard of

Hell, Billy-boy even hired away the people who wrote it.

Indeed. That's the key to success. Hiring the best people. Hardly rocket
science is it ?

Other than that its hardly Gates, or Jobs fault if Xerox failed so
spectacularly to capitalise on the fruits of their own research,
is it ?

Hugely amusing that you apparently know nothing about your
Great Leader.

Gates is so successful precisely because he identified commercial
potential where other people didn't.

The irony of this statement escaped me the first time round, given
that Microsoft ruthlessly steals, copies, buys out and otherwise
bankrupts competitors and has been prosecuted many, many times
for it. So Billy-Boy's a hypocrite, as well as a monopolist and
purveyor of ****e software.

Cry me a river.

Real innovetors often end up starving in garretts. Truly successful people
like Bill Gates adapt or improve on what others have done, dumbing it
where if necessary so as to appeal to a mass market.

https://www.nytimes.com/1978/07/11/a...ms-damage.html

Shame they didn't stick with their knitting all the same. Seems you
still haven't got over the sad demise of what was it ? Oh yes the Xerox
Document Editor. Just let's not mention Doug Englebart and Stanford,
eh, Xerox Boy ?

What does his cock taste like, Michael?

Right. So by spending your whole career working for nothing,

Amusing strawman.

writing free software for others to profit by, not only
have you been flagrantly disregarding Bill's advice, but
you've been fanatasising about his cock.

Whereas you've got it up your arse so far it's come out of your
mouth.

Do you find it a release to be able to finally share these thoughts
of yours with others ? Do you think about Bill a lot, then ?

michael adams

Adrian Caspersz March 8th 18 11:52 PM

DPD parcel.

On 08/03/18 19:40, Martin wrote:

Do you have to have Microsoft Office? Incidentally you can't buy the current MS
Office, you have to pay a yearly amount to use it.

That's Office 365, the other beast.

They still have a full standard product line, but want you now to have
that last one expire rather faster.

"Office 2019 will not be receiving 10 years of support like most earlier
versions. It will receive the usual 5 years of mainstream support, but
will only get two years of extended support."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_2019

OTOH MS are still maintaining
old versions of MS Office.

They'll give up on those as well.

The whole Windows OS platform is possibly coming to the end of its line
(except for the rental extensions), and I dare suggest from the above,
also Office. Where Microsoft is going to go tomorrow, is going to be
with something different - a completely new interface completely
incompatible with the past.

It'll be a bit

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore ...'

(Other Office Productivity Suites are available)

--
Adrian C