Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Miele dishwasher tripping with an F70 "leak" error

This is weird...

4 year old dishwasher tripped out with an F70 error, pump running flat
out error.

Water had drained and pump was just sucking air. So this usually means
the drip pan bottom plate has got water in it and triggered the float
switch, which is the white circle on the left he

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ha...XrAwTtzfia9VCG

There was water in the drip pan and the polystyrene on the float was wet
- so that's why it tripped.

What I couldn't locate was any source for the leak - apart from a
mummified slug and a few spider webs, it was as clean as a whistle - so
evidence of any drips, mineral encrustations etc on any water bearing
components.

Was wondering if it could have been condensation over a long period - it
wouldn't take much water to trip the float as it's in a little well in
the pan. The pan was sitting in contact with a cold slate floor. I've
unscrewed the feet a bit now so it should be off the floor slightly.

Been working all day since...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts writes:
[...]

I doubt it, but a tiny leak can trigger it, and it might be small
enough that a few washes are required without time for it to dry
out in between.

Been working all day since...

Something stuck in the door seal, so it wasn't sealing?
Seen this a couple of times when the cutlery basket is next to the
door.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/18 15:24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts writes:
[...]

That's a theory - we've been working it hard recently (2-3 a day)

Been working all day since...

Something stuck in the door seal, so it wasn't sealing?
Seen this a couple of times when the cutlery basket is next to the
door.

Guess it could be something like that... I've given it a really good
clean, including the door seal area.