DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/604972-europeans-minimum-wage-no-nhs-access-after-brexit.html)

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] February 7th 18 02:38 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology wards
have very large tills

AB

alan_m February 7th 18 03:34 PM

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology wards
have very large tills

How much water gets injected into much of the UK meat we eat? They will
be using chlorinated mains water and not some fancy expensive spring water.

T i m February 7th 18 06:15 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 18:03:44 GMT, pamela wrote:

snip

Don't forget

For the Brexiteers to 'forget' this sort of thing they would have to
have considered it in the first place and the chances are they
haven't. ;-(

the probable requirement to get a trade deal with India
in which the UK will accept significantly increased numbers of
immigrants from India. No doubt they will be filling the gaps left
by departing European workers in organisations like the NHS.

Yup ... or we will be training up people currently on benefits pretty
quickly!

I don't know about you but I would much prefer to be seen by
European medical staff, perhaps from Portugal or Germany, than by
Indians whose training (as many GMC tribuals have found) can be
inadequate by our standards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ctors-from-Ind
ia-more-likely-to-be-struck-off.html

Interesting.

Cheers, T i m

RJH[_2_] February 7th 18 06:15 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

That article doesn't reflect anything like your header - or indeed what
the government has said: 'The NHS will never be part of a trade deal'.

Quite why May is not ruling out US involvement in UK healthcare is
probably because it's already he

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/08/us-firms-look-to-capitalise-as-nhs-becomes-increasingly-privatised

--
Cheers, Rob

Steve Walker[_5_] February 7th 18 07:12 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology wards
have very large tills

AB

Except that the chicken is not chlorinated, is simply washed in
chlorinated water. It is not a health risk. The problem is the reason
for that washing - the chickens are raised in very poor, overcrowded
conditions, leading to contamination that requires the disinfecting. It
is the poor animal welfare rather than health risks that mean we should
not import US chicken.

SteveW

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] February 7th 18 07:45 PM

On 07/02/18 19:12, Steve Walker wrote:
On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology wards
have very large tills

AB

Except that the chicken is not chlorinated, is simply washed in
chlorinated water. It is not a health risk. The problem is the reason
for that washing - the chickens are raised in very poor, overcrowded
conditions, leading to contamination that requires the disinfecting. It
is the poor animal welfare rather than health risks that mean we should
not import US chicken.

Bless!

In the days post war when EVERYONE had chickens scratching round their
back gardens, eating worms and actually tasting of something, we ALL got
salmonella infections
#
Battery chicken may taste of **** all, but it is relatively sterile..

SteveW

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

[email protected] February 7th 18 07:48 PM

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 19:45:13 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

I thought it suffered a high rate of antibiotic resistant infections due to (ab)use of antibiotics

NT

alan_m February 7th 18 07:56 PM

On 07/02/2018 19:48, wrote:
[...]

And chickens often taste of something - the fish meal that they've been
eating.

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] February 7th 18 08:07 PM

wrote:
[...]

Yes. If you ever visit Denmark, don't bother eating their eggs.

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.

alan_m February 7th 18 09:16 PM

On 07/02/18 19:56, alan_m wrote:

And chickens often taste of something - the fish meal that they've
been eating.

Yes. If you ever visit Denmark, don't bother eating their eggs.

It was Danish bacon that was once advertised as sizzling in the pan as a
mark of quality rather than the truth that the sizzling was due to the
excessive amount of water added to the meat.

tim... February 7th 18 09:52 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

"pamela" wrote in message
On 14:38 7 Feb 2018, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-may-donald-tr
ump-nhs-us-trade-deal-brexit-torture-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

Don't forget the probable requirement to get a trade deal with India

no there isn't

in which the UK will accept significantly increased numbers of
immigrants from India.

because we wont be doing that, because as well as insisting on that the
Indians point blank refuse to reduce tariffs on the very class of goods that
we actually want to increase exports to them - alcoholic beverages

tim

tim... February 7th 18 09:54 PM

"pamela" wrote in message
On 15:34 7 Feb 2018, alan_m wrote:

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

How much water gets injected into much of the UK meat we eat? They
will be using chlorinated mains water and not some fancy expensive
spring water.

Not only will we be getting chlorinated chicken but also higher
levels of hormones and antibiotics in meat

the taste of hormone treated beef in the US beats by a country mile the
taste of beef in the UK

and that's from quality restaurants (in the UK)

I look forward to the day that it can be served here

tim

tim... February 7th 18 10:06 PM

"RJH" wrote in message
On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

That article doesn't reflect anything like your header - or indeed what
the government has said: 'The NHS will never be part of a trade deal'.

Quite why May is not ruling out US involvement in UK healthcare is
probably because it's already he

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/08/us-firms-look-to-capitalise-as-nhs-becomes-increasingly-privatised

Yep

I fail to see any reason why, if were are going to have an NHS that buys in
services from private concerns, that these concern shouldn't be American
(based or owned). If they do an acceptable job at a lower price, what's the
problem.

This headline appears to be an extrapolation from the real (but highly
unlikely) fear that the proposed clause in TTIP allowing US firms to sue EU
governments if they pass laws that restrict their right to compete would
enable US firms to argue that the existence of a European style privatised
health system was in breach of that rule.

This fear is easily overcome by explicitly excluding Health Care from that
clause (if we have to have it at all). It would be a nonsense for the US to
suggest that Europe has to magic up an "insurance based" health care system
overnight to comply with a new trade deal.

Whether this false interpretation has been fed to the newspapers by the
Labour party or whether they invented it themselves, I have no idea.

tim

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] February 7th 18 10:28 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 21:54:34 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 15:34 7 Feb 2018, alan_m wrote:

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

How much water gets injected into much of the UK meat we eat? They
will be using chlorinated mains water and not some fancy expensive
spring water.

Not only will we be getting chlorinated chicken but also higher
levels of hormones and antibiotics in meat

the taste of hormone treated beef in the US beats by a country mile the
taste of beef in the UK

and that's from quality restaurants (in the UK)

I look forward to the day that it can be served here

tim

Reminds me of my time on a training course in Nantwich many years
back. We had one "trainee" who used to swear by Capstan Full Strength.
Great cigarettes, "never did me any harm". We didn't need an alarm
call in the mornings. The coughing was more than adequate for the
entire establishment.

AB

T i m February 7th 18 10:35 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:28:47 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

snip

Reminds me of my time on a training course in Nantwich many years
back.

snip

It wasn't BT by any chance was it as that name rings a bell with me (I
did a PCM course up there with them).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. It was handy as I had a girlfriend in Crewe. ;-)

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] February 7th 18 10:53 PM

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:35:21 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:28:47 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

snip

Reminds me of my time on a training course in Nantwich many years
back.

snip

It wasn't BT by any chance was it as that name rings a bell with me (I
did a PCM course up there with them).

Nantwich? No. I wasn't aware of a BT training place there. Swynford
was the only training establishment that I was aware of, although some
of the exchange buildings in the larger towns would have had the
capability of laying on classes.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. It was handy as I had a girlfriend in Crewe. ;-)

You must have had some long training courses, or be very persuasive
:-)

AB

charles February 7th 18 11:04 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

In article ,
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
[...]

"Smoke Bollard - a Man's cigarette"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

T i m February 7th 18 11:29 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:53:20 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:35:21 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:28:47 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:

snip

Reminds me of my time on a training course in Nantwich many years
back.

snip

It wasn't BT by any chance was it as that name rings a bell with me (I
did a PCM course up there with them).

Nantwich? No. I wasn't aware of a BT training place there. Swynford
was the only training establishment that I was aware of, although some
of the exchange buildings in the larger towns would have had the
capability of laying on classes.

After hitting send I remembered it was 'Stone'. ;-)

p.s. It was handy as I had a girlfriend in Crewe. ;-)

You must have had some long training courses, or be very persuasive
:-)

Only a week. We actually met on holiday in Norfolk (she was with her
family and me with mine, as youths) and met up properly some time
later when I was sent to Stone with BT. ;-)

She nearly moved in here with me (Nth London) but her Dad was taken
ill so she became his carer. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

alan_m February 7th 18 11:31 PM

On 07/02/2018 23:21, pamela wrote:

the taste of hormone treated beef in the US beats by a country
mile the taste of beef in the UK

Isn't the lack of taste more to do with being chilled to death
immediately after slaughter rather than letting it mature at a higher
temperature?

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] February 7th 18 11:36 PM

On Wed, 07 Feb 2018 23:21:08 GMT, pamela wrote:

On 21:54 7 Feb 2018, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 15:34 7 Feb 2018, alan_m wrote:

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

How much water gets injected into much of the UK meat we eat?
They will be using chlorinated mains water and not some fancy
expensive spring water.

Not only will we be getting chlorinated chicken but also higher
levels of hormones and antibiotics in meat

the taste of hormone treated beef in the US beats by a country
mile the taste of beef in the UK

and that's from quality restaurants (in the UK)

I look forward to the day that it can be served here

tim

I never knew hormones could be so tasty!

It makes grovelling around in the undergrowth looking for something
natural and edible sound Heavenly.

Cows have evolved without trips to the chemist for hormone treatment.

Up to the point where man thought he could improve and cheapen his
production methods by using feed totally unsuitable for ruminants they
didn't have BSE either.

Until McDonalds guarantee their products wont lead to a risk of me
becoming an American president, I'm not touching American processed
food. I think all the mad cow proteins somehow ended up in Washington
:-(

AB

Dave Plowman (News) February 8th 18 12:19 AM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In the days post war when EVERYONE had chickens scratching round their
back gardens, eating worms and actually tasting of something, we ALL got
salmonella infections

Really?

Chickens were kept for eggs. Not to eat. Those that were eaten needed lots
of cooking to make tender. Killing any bugs nicely.

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] February 8th 18 12:22 AM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Taking back control is a wonderful idea isn't it?

And with that control, you get to chose what government you want.
If you don't want a government that does X, Y, Z, then don't
****ing vote for them!

Oh no! The Toreez will do this thing I don't like!!!
So don't vote for them. Gee. Is democracy such a hard thing for
people in this country to grasp? The whole thrust of the Remain
campaign actually was "we are so thick, so stupid, we can't be
allowed to chose what sort of government to vote for, we must
have the EU telling us what to do." No wonder they lost.

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] February 8th 18 12:27 AM

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:22:27 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Taking back control is a wonderful idea isn't it?

And with that control, you get to chose what government you want.
If you don't want a government that does X, Y, Z, then don't
****ing vote for them!

I didn't vote for the DUP, but they are running the UK now.

AB

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] February 8th 18 08:24 AM

I would say so. Proper 'butchers' beef is way better than supermarket ****.,

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain

harry February 8th 18 08:33 AM

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 14:38:46 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology wards
have very large tills

So what?
You already drink"chlorinated water".
And swim in it if you go to the public swimming pool

Dave Plowman (News) February 8th 18 10:51 AM

wrote:
The whole thrust of the Remain
campaign actually was "we are so thick, so stupid, we can't be
allowed to chose what sort of government to vote for, we must
have the EU telling us what to do." No wonder they lost.

No wonder the EU can do some things we don't like when we elect ******s
like Farage to its parliament.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

alan_m February 8th 18 11:53 AM

wrote:
The whole thrust of the Remain
campaign actually was "we are so thick, so stupid, we can't be
allowed to chose what sort of government to vote for, we must
have the EU telling us what to do." No wonder they lost.

No wonder the EU can do some things we don't like when we elect ******s
like Farage to its parliament.

I'll bet even the majority of those who voted for remain in the
referendum didn't bother to vote for any MEP. (UK turnout 36%).

T i m February 8th 18 12:09 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:53:08 +0000, alan_m

In article ,
wrote:
The whole thrust of the Remain
campaign actually was "we are so thick, so stupid, we can't be
allowed to chose what sort of government to vote for, we must
have the EU telling us what to do." No wonder they lost.

No wonder the EU can do some things we don't like when we elect ******s
like Farage to its parliament.

I'll bet even the majority of those who voted for remain in the
referendum didn't bother to vote for any MEP. (UK turnout 36%).

Reinforcing my very point re peoples apathy regarding such abstract
things.

They may have a preference on the local elections because it's local
.... and the people they are voting for are potentially accessible. The
same applies at arms length for the national elections but it's
getting a bit abstract by the time it get's to the EU (or your local
Police Commissioner etc).

This supports my consideration that few put much effort into the
effort the EU vote, especially those who voted to leave (to change
from the status quo) who did so completely blindly (as we *still*
don't know exactly what the leave deal will be, let alone the
predicted impact on the UK population).

Cheers, T i m

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] February 8th 18 01:04 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 00:33:57 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 14:38:46 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology wards
have very large tills

So what?
You already drink"chlorinated water".
And swim in it if you go to the public swimming pool

Well faced with your profound logic, I do wonder what all the fuss is
about :-)

If you swam in the stuff they washed chicken in, you wouldn't need
oncology.

Ozone is increasingly the disinfectant used in water treatment works,
particularly where traces of organics are found.

AB

whisky-dave[_2_] February 8th 18 01:06 PM

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 23:36:29 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Until McDonalds guarantee their products wont lead to a risk of me
becoming an American president, I'm not touching American processed
food. I think all the mad cow proteins somehow ended up in Washington
:-(

AB

There was a TV prog. where they interviewd americans in the UK and ask them to try McDs fries from the UK which I differtn here in the UK to those in the USA and apparently they taste quite differnt (don't ask me what as I haven't eaten then for 2 decades) The american students agreed that the USA fries tasted much better, then they were told why and they were given a list of added ingriedients (mostly chemical) added to US fries the students the pulled a face and said they wouldn't be eating them again.

tim... February 8th 18 03:06 PM

On 07/02/18 23:31, alan_m wrote:
On 07/02/2018 23:21, pamela wrote:

the taste of hormone treated beef in the US beats by a country
mile the taste of beef in the UK

Isn't the lack of taste more to do with being chilled to death
immediately after slaughter rather than letting it mature at a higher
temperature?

I would say so. Proper 'butchers' beef is way better than supermarket
****.,

most "good" restaurants do source their meat from a proper butcher

tim

tim... February 8th 18 03:08 PM

"pamela" wrote in message

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s/theresa-may-
donald-
trump-nhs-us-trade-deal-brexit-torture-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

Don't forget the probable requirement to get a trade deal with
India

no there isn't

Have you seen this news? Seems India is keen on it.

"UK government told to accept high immigration or forget trade
deal with India after Brexit"

yes of course they are keen on continuing to make that demand

why would you/anyone think otherwise

It's the same category as the UK "wanting our cake and eating it".

tim

tim... February 8th 18 03:09 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
The whole thrust of the Remain
campaign actually was "we are so thick, so stupid, we can't be
allowed to chose what sort of government to vote for, we must
have the EU telling us what to do." No wonder they lost.

No wonder the EU can do some things we don't like when we elect ******s
like Farage to its parliament.

that would be relevant if it was the EU Parliament that made the laws the EU
force upon us.

as they don't, it isn't

tim

Mark[_24_] February 8th 18 04:26 PM

wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 15:34 7 Feb 2018, alan_m wrote:

On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

How much water gets injected into much of the UK meat we eat? They
will be using chlorinated mains water and not some fancy expensive
spring water.

Not only will we be getting chlorinated chicken but also higher
levels of hormones and antibiotics in meat

the taste of hormone treated beef in the US beats by a country mile the
taste of beef in the UK

BS.

and that's from quality restaurants (in the UK)

I look forward to the day that it can be served here

You can eat it all then. I want my meat unadulerated by dangerous
chemicals.

--
insert witty sig here

Mark[_24_] February 8th 18 04:30 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:08:07 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 21:52 7 Feb 2018, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 14:38 7 Feb 2018, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s/theresa-may-
donald-
trump-nhs-us-trade-deal-brexit-torture-a7548156.html

Neither will UK Citizens either.

Taking back control is a wonderfull idea isn't it?

Just go easy on the chlorinated chicken fillets, the oncology
wards have very large tills

Don't forget the probable requirement to get a trade deal with
India

no there isn't

Have you seen this news? Seems India is keen on it.

"UK government told to accept high immigration or forget trade
deal with India after Brexit"

yes of course they are keen on continuing to make that demand

why would you/anyone think otherwise

It's the same category as the UK "wanting our cake and eating it".

That's the Brexiters Mantra.

--
insert witty sig here

Mark[_24_] February 8th 18 04:34 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 22:06:17 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"RJH" wrote in message
On 07/02/2018 14:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7548156.html

That article doesn't reflect anything like your header - or indeed what
the government has said: 'The NHS will never be part of a trade deal'.

Quite why May is not ruling out US involvement in UK healthcare is
probably because it's already he

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/08/us-firms-look-to-capitalise-as-nhs-becomes-increasingly-privatised

Yep

I fail to see any reason why, if were are going to have an NHS that buys in
services from private concerns, that these concern shouldn't be American
(based or owned). If they do an acceptable job at a lower price, what's the
problem.

Because that wouldn't happen. Private companies, including those from
the USA want to make a profit and that doesn't equate to the best
service.

This headline appears to be an extrapolation from the real (but highly
unlikely) fear that the proposed clause in TTIP allowing US firms to sue EU
governments if they pass laws that restrict their right to compete would
enable US firms to argue that the existence of a European style privatised
health system was in breach of that rule.

You think this is unlikely - I'm glad you are so optimistic.

This fear is easily overcome by explicitly excluding Health Care from that
clause (if we have to have it at all). It would be a nonsense for the US to
suggest that Europe has to magic up an "insurance based" health care system
overnight to comply with a new trade deal.

But will this actually happen?

Whether this false interpretation has been fed to the newspapers by the
Labour party or whether they invented it themselves, I have no idea.

I'm sure the Daily Express will have something to say on this.

--
insert witty sig here

Dave Plowman (News) February 8th 18 04:38 PM

tim... wrote:
No wonder the EU can do some things we don't like when we elect ******s
like Farage to its parliament.

that would be relevant if it was the EU Parliament that made the laws
the EU force upon us.

as they don't, it isn't

Exactly the same as in the UK. Unless you assume parliament votes on every
single regulation.

However the question is if the EU parliament could overturn an EU reg if
enough MEPs wanted to. Ie, exactly the same as in the UK.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it *

Mark[_24_] February 8th 18 04:38 PM

Europeans on the minimum wage, no NHS access after Brexit

On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:22:27 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Taking back control is a wonderful idea isn't it?

And with that control, you get to chose what government you want.
If you don't want a government that does X, Y, Z, then don't
****ing vote for them!

Oh no! The Toreez will do this thing I don't like!!!
So don't vote for them. Gee. Is democracy such a hard thing for
people in this country to grasp? The whole thrust of the Remain
campaign actually was "we are so thick, so stupid, we can't be
allowed to chose what sort of government to vote for, we must
have the EU telling us what to do." No wonder they lost.

Utter rubbish. The leave campaign was dominated by lies which too
many fell for.

--
insert witty sig here