Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC pollution watch

Euan mearns pulled up Channel4 for claiming to have a "special camera"
that can detect CO2, when it was just a FLIR camera detecting heat

http://euanmearns.com/mortality-from-diesel-car-pollution-in-the-uk

Now the BBC claim to to have another "special camera" that can detect NO2

strange that the name of the photo includes flir in the filename

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Obviously clueless then.

At the moment the local Thames water bods and the environment agency are
attempting to trace the source of sewage in our local stream. Its a weird
one as no nuw builds have occured around these parts and as far as I know
its only the road drains round here that aare going to the pipes the stuff
is coming from.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Euan mearns pulled up Channel4 for claiming to have a "special camera"
that can detect CO2, when it was just a FLIR camera detecting heat

http://euanmearns.com/mortality-from-diesel-car-pollution-in-the-uk

Now the BBC claim to to have another "special camera" that can detect NO2

strange that the name of the photo includes flir in the filename

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/01/2018 15:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Obviously clueless then.

At the moment the local Thames water bods and the environment agency are
attempting to trace the source of sewage in our local stream. Its a weird
one as no nuw builds have occured around these parts and as far as I know
its only the road drains round here that aare going to the pipes the stuff
is coming from.
Brian

Someone has a broken cess pit somewhere
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 16:21:21 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 10/01/2018 15:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Obviously clueless then.

At the moment the local Thames water bods and the environment agency are
attempting to trace the source of sewage in our local stream. Its a weird
one as no nuw builds have occured around these parts and as far as I know
its only the road drains round here that aare going to the pipes the stuff
is coming from.
Brian

Someone has a broken cess pit somewhere

I blame wodney telling everyone where to shoval their **** ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Euan mearns pulled up Channel4 for claiming to have a "special camera"
that can detect CO2, when it was just a FLIR camera detecting heat

http://euanmearns.com/mortality-from-diesel-car-pollution-in-the-uk

Now the BBC claim to to have another "special camera" that can detect NO2

strange that the name of the photo includes flir in the filename

And lo, the image has now gone. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Now the BBC claim to to have another "special camera" that can detect NO2
strange that the name of the photo includes flir in the filename

And lo, the image has now gone. ;-)

But not forgotten

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/2C54/production/_99484311_flir17.png
Posted to uk.d-i-y

But we are all on main drainage round here, at least in the catchments I am
part of they are. I guess it might be the case but unlikely so next week we
are all going to have bods round pouring special dye down the toilets.
The only thing I can think of is that some Herbert has put in an extension
with a bathroom and connected it to the wrong pipe, but that would need to
be somewhere where there used to be nothing but land which has since been
built on.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 10/01/2018 15:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Obviously clueless then.

At the moment the local Thames water bods and the environment agency are
attempting to trace the source of sewage in our local stream. Its a weird
one as no nuw builds have occured around these parts and as far as I know
its only the road drains round here that aare going to the pipes the
stuff
is coming from.
Brian

Someone has a broken cess pit somewhere

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think the answer to a lot of this detection of different pollutants in the
atmosphere strangely ties in with the recent technical innovations in guide
star laser systems for telescopes. Apparently its now possible to use lasers
tuned so they produce a kind of dummy spot when the components of the
atmosphere interact with the radiation from space.

Lots of clever people beavering away trying to get this idea to work with
artificial radiation a bit like the way smoke alarms work, apparently.

All goes over my head!
Brian

--
----- -

"Tim+" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:
Euan mearns pulled up Channel4 for claiming to have a "special camera"
that can detect CO2, when it was just a FLIR camera detecting heat

http://euanmearns.com/mortality-from-diesel-car-pollution-in-the-uk

Now the BBC claim to to have another "special camera" that can detect NO2

strange that the name of the photo includes flir in the filename

And lo, the image has now gone. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Obviously clueless then.

At the moment the local Thames water bods and the environment agency are
attempting to trace the source of sewage in our local stream. Its a weird
one as no nuw builds have occured around these parts and as far as I know
its only the road drains round here that aare going to the pipes the stuff
is coming from.

Ah! Happened here a couple of years back. Surface water is drained to
the R. Lea. The drain nearest the farm was running grey water so Thames
water were called out.

Turned out that a sewage manhole was flooding into the highway and
clearing down the nearest drain.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 08:43:12 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

next week we
are all going to have bods round pouring special dye down the toilets.
The only thing I can think of is that some Herbert has put in an extension
with a bathroom and connected it to the wrong pipe, but that would need to
be somewhere where there used to be nothing but land which has since been
built on.

Are you in an area where there are likely to be illegal sheds made
from old pallets in gardens rented out to migrants some of whom will
be illegal and therefore not in a position to risk complaining about
the conditions.
Not that many would anyway as even the conditions in such a shed full
of stained mattresses with 20 people sharing one ****ter will be a
step up from just ****ting by the side of the road which is normal in
some of the places where they come from.
Herbert would be the name used by the landlord when he was a call
center operator before he himself came here.

G Harman