Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

Hi all,

The door opening handle had just broken on our old Zanussi TD-534
vented tumble dryer and assuming the realistic repair timetable
exceeds our clothes drying schedule, we may be in need of a
replacement. ;-(

We have repaired it a few times now, from new bearings in the motor, I
turned a new belt tension / idler, replaced the rear bearing spigot
(they actually make / sell that bit saving having to replace the whole
drum) and a couple of drive belts. It currently also needs the front
felt drum-seal and we have that waiting to go on.

The problem we had last time when looking for a replacement machine
was actually finding something that was vented and with a vent port on
the LHS and wasn't likely to self combust. ;-(

So, where are we now with condensing / de-humidifying (non gas) dryers
please?

If any waste heat came into the kitchen, rather than being blown
outside then that would be ok (especially in the winter g) and we
already have a dehumidifier out there (again for the winter) that we
could turn on if any new condenser dryer didn't condense all it's
moisture. The tumble dryer also sits over the washing machine (on a
shelf) and so we could easily plumb-in the condensate drain.

Daughter recently bought us a Bosch washing machine to replace the
Zanussi we salvaged from being scrapped (at 13 months old, from
Freecycle) after that finally died after about 8 years or so.

So, makes, models, suppliers and personal recommendations please?

Cheers, T i m

Narrow Tumble Dryers [email protected] UK diy 0 July 27th 05 11:29 PM
On the subject of tumble-dryers - vented v. condensing Grunff UK diy 37 September 17th 04 12:00 AM
Tumble Dryers al UK diy 17 January 5th 04 09:36 PM
Bosch Condenser Tumble Dryers Alastair UK diy 4 January 5th 04 07:14 PM
Bosch Tumble Dryers - Best Buy? Alan Dempster UK diy 18 November 24th 03 01:43 PM