Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing a stubborn hose

Hi all

I am having trouble with the heater in the car. I suspect the heater matrix is bunged up so want to flush it out in case. I have managed to get one of the hoses off the heater matrix but the other one seems welded on. Anyone have any bright ideas to get it off? I have tried
- rolling it back from the end
- squirting some WD40 as best I could between the hose and metal pipe it is on
- gripping the hose and trying to rotate it (doesn't move)

Also, anyone had any experience with cleaning solutions for this? I am concerned that it might dislodge something and case a leak.

All help appreciated

Thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes.. clip is completely off (ie on the hose but beyond the end of the metal pipe). Access is very tight with the end of the hose about 50mm from the bulk head. Wonder if I can find a right angled thin thing as you describe

Thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Apply some heat from a hot air gun? Worth getting a replacement before you proceed in case you wreck the current hose?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2017 12:52, Kevin H wrote:
Apply some heat from a hot air gun? Worth getting a replacement before you proceed in case you wreck the current hose?

I usually use a kettle full of boiling water to soften the end.
maybe lubricate it with diluted washing up liquid to lubricate it when
putting it back again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/17 12:52, Kevin H wrote:
Apply some heat from a hot air gun? Worth getting a replacement before you proceed in case you wreck the current hose?

Always fit new hoses when they wont come opf easily.The cost is low, and
you can split the old one with no compunction

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks all for your help. The winning combination was boiling water and Allen key so thanks both for your suggestions. I poured the boiling water on the hose which softened it considerably. Then putting the Allen key between the hose and pipe and then running it around the pipe freed it perfectly.

Thanks again

Lee.

Removing stubborn seized wheels Cursitor Doom[_2_] UK diy 46 July 22nd 14 09:25 PM
Stubborn hose bib Big Al Home Repair 17 June 2nd 07 08:33 AM
Mysterious and stubborn mildew in shower - any recommendations? Adam Home Repair 12 August 31st 05 10:13 PM
Wall tiles: removing stubborn ones [email protected] UK diy 9 February 11th 05 04:37 PM
Stubborn stain on toilet bowl. KLM Home Repair 8 March 26th 04 08:59 AM