Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Endoscope/Borescope

I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android and/or win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here. What's the likelihood of it functioning under wine?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 9 December 2017 19:39:17 UTC, Theo wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon
but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android and/or
win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here. What's the likelihood of it
functioning under wine?

Assuming you mean the USB ones, they're basically a small USB
webcam-onna-stick. I've only used them under Windows, but they should
support the usual USB webcam stuff under Linux - but it might be pot luck
that you get a proprietary one.

Theo

Yes, usb I'm looking at. It puzzles me that none of them seem to be UVC, which works with pretty much everything I gather.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't forget to lay in a stock of moviprep orange.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 9 December 2017 20:48:58 UTC, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android and/or win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here. What's the likelihood of it functioning under wine?

NT

FFS gamble all of the £3.54 & report back...
:-)

That was my first thought. But it takes a month to get here, so I'd sooner see if anyone knows before waiting a month for something that says it won't work with any of my hardware.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
tabbypurr wrote:
I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon
but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android
and/or
win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here.

I have a very cheap Chinese endoscope which works ok with Linux and VLC
OK being subjective for quality/cost in this case

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 17:39:21 UTC, Mark wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
tabbypurr wrote:

I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon
but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android
and/or
win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here.

I have a very cheap Chinese endoscope which works ok with Linux and VLC
OK being subjective for quality/cost in this case

-

but you're not telling me which I ordered it but don't want to waste a month if it won't do the job.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 18:33:16 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

which endoscope

But even if someone received a Lucky Golden Hedgehog Borescope1001 this
week, which worked with linux/android, you could order the "same" one
next week and get one with different guts that only works with Windows10

Sure, it's a lot more likely than a random one though

Would a golden hedgehog really be lucky?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought one ages ago and run Ubuntu. It just appears as a standard web cam and works fine. No need to install software or drivers etc. Mine had some tiny led lights around the camera and works fine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 18:38:13 UTC, wrote:
I bought one ages ago and run Ubuntu. It just appears as a standard web cam and works fine. No need to install software or drivers etc. Mine had some tiny led lights around the camera and works fine.

that's what I'm hoping I'll get. But it's a chancey buy

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr Wrote in message:
I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android and/or win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here. What's the likelihood of it functioning under wine?

NT

FFS gamble all of the £3.54 & report back...
:-)

That was my first thought. But it takes a month to get here, so I'd sooner see if anyone knows before waiting a month for something that says it won't work with any of my hardware.

NT

So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on some EU
posted tat?

??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr Wrote in message:
I'm looking to buy one for diy use. They're as cheap as £3.54 on amazon but will they work with a computer here? They all mention android and/or win xp - 7. I don't use any of those here. What's the likelihood of it functioning under wine?

NT

FFS gamble all of the £3.54 & report back...
:-)

That was my first thought. But it takes a month to get here, so I'd sooner see if anyone knows before waiting a month for something that says it won't work with any of my hardware.

NT

So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on some EU
posted tat?

??

3.64 x 3 = £10.92
Plenty sent from UK/EU for that without the month long wait.

Simple enough for you now?

I haven't a clue what you're trying to say. Have you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
wrote

I bought one ages ago and run Ubuntu. It just
appears as a standard web cam and works fine.
No need to install software or drivers etc. Mine had
some tiny led lights around the camera and works fine.

that's what I'm hoping I'll get. But it's a chancey buy

I'd buy it on amazon or ebay, ask the supplier before buying
and get a full refund if it doesnt do what they claim it will.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

tabbypurr Wrote in message:

[...]

After pondering Jim's interesting message, my guess is that this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on
some EU posted tat?"

might mean:

"So pay treble what poor people living in benefit-dependent
Britain in low-rent budget accomodation can afford by taking a
gamble and buying some tat from within the EU and have it
it posted to you [to arrive more quickly]."

I wonder if that's right.

Strewth pammy!
I guess the old troll really is losing it...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

pamela Wrote in message:
On 09:43 11 Dec 2017, jim wrote:

tabbypurr Wrote in message:

[...]

Was your original crazed message due to illiteracy or incompetency?
I am assuming alcohol or drugs were not a factor.

It was perfectly spelt & succinct.
Even you managed to understand it.
Shame about the old troll...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 13:03:21 -0800 (PST)
Cynic wrote:

Don't forget to lay in a stock of moviprep orange.

Wrong sort of plumbing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:35:46 +0000, jim wrote:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 09:43 11 Dec 2017, jim wrote:

====snip====

After pondering Jim's interesting message, my guess is that this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on some EU
posted tat?"

might mean:

"So pay treble what poor people living in benefit-dependent Britain
in low-rent budget accomodation can afford by taking a gamble and
buying some tat from within the EU and have it it posted to you [to
arrive more quickly]."

I wonder if that's right.

Strewth pammy! I guess the old troll really is losing it...

Was your original crazed message due to illiteracy or incompetency?
I am assuming alcohol or drugs were not a factor.

It was perfectly spelt & succinct.
Even you managed to understand it.
Shame about the old troll...

Wow! In which case, I have to take my hat off to Pamela for her superb
skill in comprehension based on context and her near total mind reading
powers.

[Aside to Pamela]

I'd avoid such demonstrations of your 'Superpowers' in interpreting the
seemingly incomprehensible scribblings of Jim in the future lest you be
cast in the permanent role of being his translator). :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

pamela Wrote in message:
On 09:43 11 Dec 2017, jim wrote:

====snip====

[...]

Woah! Congratulations on your new brevity ;-)

If anyone would fail to understand "succinct" it would be you...lot.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

pamela Wrote in message:
On 09:43 11 Dec 2017, jim wrote:

====snip====

[...]

If I had written something as addled as this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on some
EU posted tat?"

then I wouldn't draw further attention to it by repeatedly arguing
it's perfect English.

Unfortunately I don't have time to decode and translate all such
crypic statements as a service.

Crypic?

Is that even English sPammy?!

I expect your troll friends will be in need of more of your
decoding & translation "services" for that unfortunate gaffe! :-D

HoHoHo! Etc
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

pamela Wrote in message:

pamela Wrote in message:
On 09:43 11 Dec 2017, jim wrote:

====snip====

[...]

Jim, if I make a typo then I admit it just as I did then. In fact
I make a lot of typos and sadly my newsreader doesn't have a
spellchecker.

You on the other hand wrote nonsense and then have claimed
repeatedly it was perfectly good English.......

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on
some EU posted tat?"

Tell me once again how clear you think that is. If it was posted
to alt.english for an opinion I doubt many would say it is
perfectly clear.

Yet you amongst many others spent 10 seconds understood it
perfectly, paraphrased it back for nige troll
(thanks :-) ) yet
now are repeatedly attempting to distance yourself from your
actions..... Maybe we should also post your burble to
alt.split.personalities & see what they make of you(s)?

HoHoHo etc!!
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:01:43 +0000, pamela wrote:

On 17:50 12 Dec 2017, Johnny B Good wrote:

====snip====

[Aside to Pamela]

I'd avoid such demonstrations of your 'Superpowers' in interpreting
the seemingly incomprehensible scribblings of Jim in the future lest
you be cast in the permanent role of being his translator). :-)

If I had written something as addled as this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on some EU
posted tat?"

then I wouldn't draw further attention to it by repeatedly arguing it's
perfect English.

Unfortunately I don't have time to decode and translate all such cryptic
statements as a service.

Good for you, Pam! :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Johnny B Good Wrote in message:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:01:43 +0000, pamela wrote:

On 17:50 12 Dec 2017, Johnny B Good wrote:

====snip====

[Aside to Pamela]

I'd avoid such demonstrations of your 'Superpowers' in interpreting
the seemingly incomprehensible scribblings of Jim in the future lest
you be cast in the permanent role of being his translator). :-)

If I had written something as addled as this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on some EU
posted tat?"

then I wouldn't draw further attention to it by repeatedly arguing it's
perfect English.

Unfortunately I don't have time to decode and translate all such cryptic
statements as a service.

Good for you, Pam! :-)

Hey where's the other 400 words?! I feel short-changed! :-D

HoHoHo!! Etc..
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

pamela Wrote in message:
On 13:48 14 Dec 2017, Johnny B Good wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:01:43 +0000, pamela wrote:

On 17:50 12 Dec 2017, Johnny B Good wrote:

====snip====

[Aside to Pamela]

I'd avoid such demonstrations of your 'Superpowers' in
interpreting the seemingly incomprehensible scribblings of
Jim in the future lest you be cast in the permanent role of
being his translator). :-)

If I had written something as addled as this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on
some EU posted tat?"

then I wouldn't draw further attention to it by repeatedly
arguing it's perfect English.

Unfortunately I don't have time to decode and translate all
such cryptic statements as a service.

Good for you, Pam! :-)

I think Jim may have had a "senior moment" when he posted his
nonsense but he seems to be in denial.

Troll troll troll sPamela! ;-)

Are you all related perchance?

Your recent "Tell me again...." spiel reminded me of another old
troll's usual style.... Maybe I ruffled some trolly dolly
feathers? :-)

HoHoHo!! Etc...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english
Jim Jim is offline

pamela Wrote in message:
On 17:35 14 Dec 2017, jim wrote:
pamela Wrote in message:
On 13:48 14 Dec 2017, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:01:43 +0000, pamela wrote:

If I had written something as addled as this:

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on
some EU posted tat?"

then I wouldn't draw further attention to it by repeatedly
arguing it's perfect English.

Unfortunately I don't have time to decode and translate all
such cryptic statements as a service.

Good for you, Pam! :-)

I think Jim may have had a "senior moment" when he posted his
nonsense but he seems to be in denial.

Troll troll troll sPamela
Are you all related perchance?

Your recent "Tell me again...." spiel reminded me of another
old troll's usual style.... Maybe I ruffled some trolly dolly
feathers? :-)

I wonder if anyone in alt.english could kindly give their opinion
on how correct and intelligible this sentence is. it seems
unusually addled to me.

"So triple the benefit Britain low rent budget & gamble on
some EU posted tat?"

This subsequent clarification may provide a clue to the meaning
although I am not so sure it does unless you are a puzzle fan.

"3.64 x 3 = £10.92
Plenty sent from UK/EU for that without the month long wait."

Naturally you've omitted the contextual link (the old troll's
witter) presumably to amplify your tedious wittering
trolling....

Quelle surprise sPamela...

HoHoHo!!
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.usage.english

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 20:14:41 GMT, pamela wrote:

On 17:35 14 Dec 2017, jim wrote:
pamela Wrote in message:
[...]

What's it saying? Very cheap rent from Procter and Gamble in the EU?

It makes no sense. Is it something by a foreigner?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to pamela, Allan a Laugh wrote:
they actually work. True story

I bought some writing paper once too. It worked really well also.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1255548-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Allan a Laugh m wrote:
replying to pamela, Allan a Laugh wrote:
they actually work. True story

I bought some writing paper once too. It worked really well also.

What did it write?