Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filling a chase

I'm about to start cutting some cable chases in a wall that's going to
be painted, but when I last did this (a long time ago) I never managed
to fill the chase so it disappeared completely. This house is all lime
plaster and I don't know whether that makes it easier or harder to get
"perfect" filling.
How do you do it? Bonding+finish, sand/cement+filler, ... ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 22:46:07 UTC, wrote:
I'm about to start cutting some cable chases in a wall that's going to
be painted, but when I last did this (a long time ago) I never managed
to fill the chase so it disappeared completely. This house is all lime
plaster and I don't know whether that makes it easier or harder to get
"perfect" filling.
How do you do it? Bonding+finish, sand/cement+filler, ... ?

I never permit a single grain of sand to remain above the wall surface. Overfill & sand is a guaranteed fail imho, though it seems to be popular. Do that and you can't help but end up with a flat result, after a number of goes that reduces as skill increases. If you want to match lime, use lime for the final layer.

NT

Chase Credit Card after Home Closing Neighbor Home Ownership 5 November 16th 05 03:23 AM
Question on chimney chase top repair Ted Swirsky Home Repair 1 November 3rd 05 01:37 AM
Repairing a cable chase Dave UK diy 5 May 13th 05 12:27 AM
Aluminum clad MC cable in a chase with copper pipe Paul Home Repair 1 March 10th 05 06:24 PM
Insulating a chase Marilyn and Bob Home Repair 1 October 13th 04 03:52 PM