Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe insulation

It seems quite hard to get 6mm pipe insulation for 22mm pipe. Even
Armaflex don't go that thin above 15mm pipe.

Found some (Alfaflex red sleeved):

http://plumbing4home.com/10-meters-o...wrap-6mm-thick

But I wonder why it's so uncommon...? If you use Talon clips (common)
stacked, you get 35mm of space around a 22mm = 13/2 - 7.5mm thickness.

Even at such a thin wall thickness, online calcs show it roughly halves
heat loss.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 15:19:26 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
It seems quite hard to get 6mm pipe insulation for 22mm pipe. Even
Armaflex don't go that thin above 15mm pipe.

Found some (Alfaflex red sleeved):

http://plumbing4home.com/10-meters-o...wrap-6mm-thick

But I wonder why it's so uncommon...? If you use Talon clips (common)
stacked, you get 35mm of space around a 22mm = 13/2 - 7.5mm thickness.

Even at such a thin wall thickness, online calcs show it roughly halves
heat loss.

With cloth wrap you can have any thickness you want.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If its not in plain sight I've seen all sorts of things used together with
duct tape to lag pipes below floors in lofts etc, and they all seem to work
well.
Brian

--
----- -