Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Refrigerant release

Trying to find the legal situation on release of R600a from end of life domestic refrigeration. Anyone have any pointers? Cheers.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

tabbypurr wrote:

Trying to find the legal situation on release of R600a from end of
life domestic refrigeration. Anyone have any pointers? Cheers.

More helpfully maybe here?
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made

But R600a isn't a fluorinated gas, it's isobutane.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to tabbypurr, Iggy wrote:
Crack it open and let it go, it's the same exact stuff as what's in
non-alcohol lighters and their re-fillers, portable "butane" torches and
aerosol cans. Preferably, a gentle and slow use of a Wheeled Pipe Cutter to
avoid any ignition heat and start a release, before your hand or glove freezes.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1249319-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 13 November 2017 20:04:48 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

Trying to find the legal situation on release of R600a from end of
life domestic refrigeration. Anyone have any pointers? Cheers.

More helpfully maybe here?
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made

But R600a isn't a fluorinated gas, it's isobutane.

Yes, afaics that Act fairly much confirms that release of isobutane is not covered by it. Thank you.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No never seen any Refrigeration Police about with their sniffer dogs maybe?
I do not know the various differences in the gasses used, but obviously
if you were in the business of advertising a fridge disposal service and you
did not have gas capture systems, then that might have some rules, but if
its just your fridge and it leaks in use then how can one do much about it.
I'd also say that in some cases certain 'recycling centres' may direct you
to take it to another facility if its still gassed. I also wonder about the
car air conditioners and those on buildings as the former seem always to be
losing their gas, and the latter in a building that is to come down seem to
be given scant regard by the demolition company and bulldozed with the
rest. Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
wrote:
Trying to find the legal situation on release of R600a from end of life
domestic refrigeration. Anyone have any pointers? Cheers.

NT

I can't imagine that you would be prosecuted if your fridge were to
develop a leak.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

No never seen any Refrigeration Police about with their sniffer dogs
maybe?

That's because you are blind, silly.

I do not know the various differences in the gasses used, but obviously
if you were in the business of advertising a fridge disposal service and
you did not have gas capture systems, then that might have some rules,
but if its just your fridge and it leaks in use then how can one do much
about it. I'd also say that in some cases certain 'recycling centres' may
direct you to take it to another facility if its still gassed. I also
wonder about the car air conditioners and those on buildings as the former
seem always to be losing their gas, and the latter in a building that is
to come down seem to be given scant regard by the demolition company and
bulldozed with the rest.

So it should be off to the gulag for them.

wrote:
Trying to find the legal situation on release of R600a from end of life
domestic refrigeration. Anyone have any pointers? Cheers.

NT

I can't imagine that you would be prosecuted if your fridge were to
develop a leak.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

That sounds like what cows give off.

Nope, they produce mostly methane.

And its smells like, not sounds like, too.

refrigerant velovelo13 Home Repair 1 August 18th 04 08:19 PM
Old air conditioner refrigerant? Jim Haynes Home Ownership 3 July 22nd 04 04:06 PM
Need input on choosing central air, and old vs. new refrigerant Central Air Shopper Home Repair 2 July 19th 04 08:39 PM
Recovery and charging of refrigerant (R134A)? Z UK diy 3 April 30th 04 09:32 AM