Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kwollity

http://lenta.lol/20-of-the-most-lol-...will-ever-see/

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
http://lenta.lol/20-of-the-most-lol-...will-ever-see/

NT

in the town here we have newish flats where the common stair continues up
for another flight going nowhere....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge wrote:
Some of the others are obviously for cosmetic reasons (balconies with no
access door).

There's an estate round here with what looks like balconies. But too small
to use for anything. So presumably just to make the opening doors safe.

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 October 2017 07:30:11 UTC+1, Retro Futurist ... wrote:
in the town here we have newish flats where the common stair continues up
for another flight going nowhere....

That's so the druggies can sit up there and not get in anyone's way.

Or the freeholder is optimistic he can sell off the roof for conversion or addition of a few more storeys at a later date

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There's an estate round here with what looks like balconies. But too small
to use for anything. So presumably just to make the opening doors safe.

Isn't that what they call a Juliette balcony?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
http://lenta.lol/20-of-the-most-lol-...will-ever-see/

don't see what's wrong with a false window having a false balcony

the (almost new) block of flats where I am living have false windows in the
roof construction

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There's an estate round here with what looks like balconies. But too
small to use for anything. So presumably just to make the opening doors
safe.

Isn't that what they call a Juliette balcony?

Dunno - seems to be quite a loose term.

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balconet

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/10/2017 23:23, wrote:
http://lenta.lol/20-of-the-most-lol-...will-ever-see/

The guy banging his head on the stairs - that could be my house. I
habitually go up the stairs on all fours. But then the ceiling height is
only about 2 metres. They were shorter in those days... (early 18thC)

I recall visiting one house with a doorway onto the stairs that was
shorter than me, and narrower than my shoulders. That was really awkward.

Andy