Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What do we want? HARD BREXIT NOW!

On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 21:27:44 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 15/08/2017 16:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 14 August 2017 19:15:41 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/08/2017 18:22, Rod Speed wrote:

But lumbers the operation with a massive cost of all those pensions
for those that havent worked for that operation for decades.

Not if its been done correctly.

We'll see...

Most uk ones were based on investing so there was a big fund that
could cover the costs even if the company went bust.

Trouble is that they have a real incentive to use that massive level of
funds
internally, and so if the operation goes bust, the pensioners are ****ed.

They can't if its done properly.

Its why I have a final salary pension even though the company went bust.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2017 11:02, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 21:27:44 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 15/08/2017 16:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 14 August 2017 19:15:41 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/08/2017 18:22, Rod Speed wrote:

But lumbers the operation with a massive cost of all those pensions
for those that havent worked for that operation for decades.

Not if its been done correctly.

We'll see...

Most uk ones were based on investing so there was a big fund that
could cover the costs even if the company went bust.

Trouble is that they have a real incentive to use that massive level of
funds
internally, and so if the operation goes bust, the pensioners are ****ed.

They can't if its done properly.

Its why I have a final salary pension even though the company went bust.

So where does teh money come from as I'm in SAUL.
http://www.saul.org.uk/

Well where does saul invest its money?
Or is it just another one that pays the pensions out of its income?
It is distinctly lacking in detail about its assets and income and
liabilities.

Then how would you find out and does it matter.
Isn;t thgis why we use a pension fund, which is differnt from a savings account.
Why encourage people to put their money into a pension even now the govenment encourages people to take out pensions why ?

Well you are the one paying into the pension fund so you really should
know what they are doing with your money.

The government wants people to invest for their own pensions so that
they don't have to pay as many benefits out from tax.

who said last april (BEFORE BREXIT) that they couldnl;t affiord the finla pension saleries so they were cutting back to average salaries.
In pay deals of teh past a final pension salery was seen as being worth those in saul being paid 18% less.

They are but you aren't being paid 18% less.

Yes we are 18% less than technicains classed as medical technicians in the NHS was one comparision.

so they can't a££ord it
without you contributing more.

If they would have paid the 18% shortfall that even ACAS at the time agreed then we would all have been contributing more for the last 30 years.

There are many kinds of technician.
Why do you think you are at the same level as a technician in the NHS.
Given your views posted in the past I doubt if you could get a job as an
NHS technician.

BTW the NHS has a pension too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 14:47:52 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

You don't know and have even less power over changing it.

The government wants people to invest for their own pensions so that
they don't have to pay as many benefits out from tax.

Yes I know but why should people bother if they get leid to ?
The only reason I contributed to this pension rather than going elsewhere was what they were offering, could, have brought shres in companies like Aple instead, but I was given the impression that these professional pension advisers knew what they were doing.

If they would have paid the 18% shortfall that even ACAS at the time agreed then we would all have been contributing more for the last 30 years.

There are many kinds of technician.

Yes I know my uncle was a medical technicain and a school friend became one..

Why do you think you are at the same level as a technician in the NHS.

I'm not or rather I wasn't, 'medical technicains were paid more because they work with medical equipment whereas I work with teaching equipment.

Given your views posted in the past I doubt if you could get a job as an
NHS technician.

Shows yuo have no idea of the difference.

BTW the NHS has a pension too.

But not the same one.
Academics have one too as do teachers.