Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blocking after 9 years

We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1230550-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/08/2017 18:44, Stuck wrote:

We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

Do you mean that doors are getting stuck in the frames and hence are
difficult to open and close?

If so take the door off the hinges, and then plane or saw a bit off as
required. (removing and refitting hinges / locks etc if required)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stuck" m wrote in
message ...
We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

New house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/08/2017 19:27, John Rumm wrote:
On 08/08/2017 18:44, Stuck wrote:

We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

Do you mean that doors are getting stuck in the frames and hence are
difficult to open and close?

If so take the door off the hinges, and then plane or saw a bit off as
required. (removing and refitting hinges / locks etc if required)

rub the edges of the doors with a candle
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Stuck" m wrote in
message ...
We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

New house.

not anymore

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rub the edges of the doors with a candle

No - you need a small clearance - not less friction!

Make sure hinges are tight.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Stuck" m wrote in
message ...
We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

New house.

not anymore

Its what you need, get a new house to replace the one with sticky doors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/08/2017 18:44, Stuck wrote:
We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

Did post this question on homeownershub the same year as you moved?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/08/2017 6:44 PM, Stuck wrote:
We moved in in 2009 and most doors were sticky. They still are.
Best way to cure blocking after this long?

Assuming the 'stickyness' is down the stile and, if there is enough
clearance between hinged stile and jamb, remove hinge and deepen hinge
rebates?