Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Nanny State goes Nazi

With respect, I don't think you know the full facts. I'm not saying you are
wrong, but there isa lot more to this than merely money and doctors
oppinions.
It was interesting that when they finally did get the US guy over that he
basically confirmed what the UK doctors had already said, in that it was of
no use in this instance
Unfortunatly the problem here is due to what happens when trust breaks
down.
brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
news
How could we have come to this? Charlie's parents found private funding
to send their child to America for treatment with everything laid on and
not costing the taxpayer in either country a single penny piece. Then our
Big Brother State decided to step in and promptly crushed all hope for
the boy by kicking off a Kafkaesque legal process that has made Jarndyce
vs. Jarndyce look like half a morning in the small claims court by
comparison.
A government's proper role is in certain limited core functions essential
to the defence and prosperity of the country: road & rail infrastructure,
an economy that's conducive to growth, the provision of a satisfactory
education system, an incorrupt police service and so on and so on. How
did we get to the point where it can not only assume the role of parent,
but usurp that role to the extent of callously *ensuring* the certain
death of an innocent baby boy?
Charlie's father was right: the family court system not only has far too
much power, it *is* EVIL.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 7:38:57 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

The REAL problem with all of this is that it was never off the bloody news.

Which goes Nazi..? Wes[_5_] Metalworking 0 August 2nd 10 12:47 AM
Nanny stateism Steve Firth UK diy 61 January 14th 10 09:52 AM
Nanny is awake again cynic UK diy 90 August 23rd 08 12:45 PM
PAY - Nanny Rocker J T Woodworking 0 November 11th 05 05:26 AM