Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me Me is offline

Default CCT and spiders webs

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden record the doings of local
wildlife overnight.I looked at some of the video today and found 2
cameras virtually unviewable due to spiders webs. They seem to like
casting webs around cameras, something to do with the LEDs or the warmth
or possibly both. Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?
I don't mind the spiders, they have to make a living too, I just wish
they'd do it somewhere else!

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Me wrote

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden record the doings of local
wildlife overnight.I looked at some of the video today and found 2 cameras
virtually unviewable due to spiders webs. They seem to like casting webs
around cameras, something to do with the LEDs or the warmth or possibly
both.

Dunno, I find they love the door mirrors
on the car which have no leds or warmth.

Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?

I use fly spray on the door mirrors.

I don't mind the spiders, they have to make a living too,

I dont bother about webs in the house.

I just wish they'd do it somewhere else!

They likely wish you'd stop wrecking their webs {-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Me wrote:

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden
Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?

I don't *think* this stuff is snake oil ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Spiderex/B003R0E9V6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/07/2017 19:32, Andy Burns wrote:
Me wrote:

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden Does anyone know a way of
keeping them off the cameras?

I don't *think* this stuff is snake oil ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Spiderex/B003R0E9V6

It sounds interesting, and just what I want, but I would be concerned
about any getting on the lens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 19:09:55 +0100, Me wrote:

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden record the doings of local
wildlife overnight.I looked at some of the video today and found 2
cameras virtually unviewable due to spiders webs. They seem to like
casting webs around cameras, something to do with the LEDs or the warmth
or possibly both. Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?
I don't mind the spiders, they have to make a living too, I just wish
they'd do it somewhere else!

Bob

And Old Lady, but she has to Swallow a fly first.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Me wrote:

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden
Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?

I don't *think* this stuff is snake oil ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Spiderex/B003R0E9V6

No it's not snake oil. I've used it for years at work to prevent
the movement sensors on the burglar alarms being triggered by
spiders. The office is in converted barns, so lots of spiders.
Went from a false alarm every couple of months to none over
several years.

Cheers
Biggles
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 19:09:55 +0100, Me wrote:

I looked at some of the video today and found 2 cameras virtually
unviewable due to spiders webs.

Presumably because they are brightly lit up by the IR LEDs only an
inch away?

They seem to like casting webs around cameras, something to do with the
LEDs or the warmth or possibly both.

Attracted by the light or attracted to the insects attracted by the
light.
I wouldn't expect the warmth being much of a draw at this time of
year.

Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?

Turn off the on-board camera LEDs and use an IR illuminator a couple
of feet away from the camera. The £5 to £10, round 40 (48?) 850 nm
LED things work but check beam angle if it's mentioned. Some are
rather narrow, thus only really illuminate a spot. A snag might be
the provision of the 12 V @ 500 mA they live off.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me Me is offline

On 7/18/2017 7:09 PM, Me wrote:

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden record the doings of local
wildlife overnight.I looked at some of the video today and found 2
cameras virtually unviewable due to spiders webs. They seem to like
casting webs around cameras, something to do with the LEDs or the warmth
or possibly both. Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras?
I don't mind the spiders, they have to make a living too, I just wish
they'd do it somewhere else!

Bob

Thanks for the feedback, some things to think about there. I've ordered
a couple of separate illuminator units to start with.